Keep your vehicle doors locked

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are crimes caused by Round-Up? I don't know, but I suspect it's a pretty minor force. I would worry more about the lead we pumped into the environment that has "dummied down" the last couple of generations. Not to mention other assorted contaminants that are known to impact brain development. I am SURE I used to be smarter.

But, I am not convinced stupid people commit more crimes. In their own way, there are some pretty smart criminals out there. I would put more blame on people having fewer opportunities to succeed in a more socially acceptable manner. How about we try paying a higher minimum wage? Or providing basic necessities at a cost everyone can afford? Provide free education for better jobs and automate the rest. You know, a Star Trek kind of world.

We would still have some crime, but maybe a lot less.

. . . . It's also advisable to separate the cab and cabin area by building a solid partition in case they break through the driver or passenger door.
That makes sense. However, it's important to have a passageway between cab and cabin you can quickly open from the cabin side to get behind the steering wheel again. Otherwise, if you discover a two-foot or 4-foot predator outside, you have to step out of the cabin in your nightgown and say "Excuse me. Excuse me." as you rush past the preditor on your way to the cab door to get back in and drive off."

I would put more blame on people having fewer opportunities to succeed in a more socially acceptable manner.
I live in Western WA, where most of the crime comes from the drunks and junkies, often called the "homeless". The true homeless don't mind working, and probably would prefer to do so.

But the addicts (both kinds) are mostly dedicated to their obsessions. There are hotels for them, free food sources, camps, and help for their addictions. Most of them simply refuse any place that has rules. No rules = no fixing their problem.

If you pass any of those large junkie camps, drive through slowly and take a good look. You will be watched, and the looks you get will be those of predators. True homeless people stay away from those places. And if you do go in and look around (like I did), I would bet money that you'll leave a lot faster than you went in.