Just when you thought you've seen everything

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it's out of stock! Must be they were all shat in.

Most people travel with zero such facilities.

Many just want something for the occasional emergencies only.

If they only end up using it a few times a year, something that folds up flat and therefore frees up scarce space would be well worth it even if for one time use only.

The ideal of course would be something that folds up flat but lasts for years, without proprietary consumables, but I reckon that would be a lot more expensive.

A cardboard box would do the same job just as well.

A shovel and a bog roll works too...

John61CT said:
Most people travel with zero such facilities.

Many just want something for the occasional emergencies only.

If they only end up using it a few times a year, something that folds up flat and therefore frees up scarce space would be well worth it even if for one time use only.

The ideal of course would be something that folds up flat but lasts for years, without proprietary consumables, but I reckon that would be a lot more expensive.

Nope - https://www.amazon.com/folding-camping-toilet/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:folding camping toilet

There's a cardboard one a few items down.

GeorgiePorgie said:

I'd rather use the facilities in a McDonald's or such for number 2.

Ugh, not me.  I'm too much of a germaphobe and privacy freak (too many big gaps in the walls of the bathroom stall) to use a dirty, disgusting public crapper.  :s

On the road, I'd much rather poop in my van's bucket-potty, or in the past, flushable camp toilet.   Where else am I going to find a private, climate-controlled bathroom with a stereo system and snacks?   :p

I don't live in my van, and don't camp nearly as much as I wish I did, but as John suggests, I just want something for the occasional emergency.  
Piece of mind.

Looking at that cardboard contraption reminds me of an old saying.. 'He shit an fell back in it.' I just wouldn't trust it, especially if it got a bit damp. ..Willy.

jacqueg said:
There's a cardboard one a few items down.
Yep seen that, but doubt it would last for years, I meant metal or at least durable plastic.

One time while Glamping I had a poop emergency. Luckily I had two camp chairs and decided to take the one that was falling apart and I just cut a hole in the bottom and used that to poo in a cathole.