Just got fired.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMG51 said:
He called me a "smart alec-y kid," but I believe that was partially in jest.

GotSmart so you're predicting a deck mod? Better than that :D

I had a large post with that.  :s

I spent way too long in the sun today, and my memory is gone.   :mad:

Something about I took a basement and converted it to a media room, along with the slider and deck.  The CA permit fees were more than the labor and materials!  

I always told my kids to find out all the facts.  When asked, "What is 1 + 1" ask 1 what plus 1 what?  With numbers you get 2.  With Rabbits you get Austrailia!

On the glass question, the response to "The air does not count," is this question.  Do you use more water or air?

so far as hydrodynamics is concerned, air is a liquid, just a really thin liquid (or maybe water is really thick)

Great thread TMG51. I was recently at a small biz conference and the one doing the presentation suggested
always paying oneself first and then paying you employees. He mentioned some employers paying the help first
and they couldn't cover their own expenses leaving their firm to fail. (I flinched and thought about how Business people want & expect this loyal faithful stuff from employees but it ends there)

I'm glad to hear you landed on your feet and are better off for it. This is why I suggest every college educated person get some kind of Trade Skill. If that Trade Skill will allow them to work out of a Union Hall, so much the better. I carry an IAMAW card myself but am also well educated. I also like the notion of being a VA (virtual assistant working on the net)

Those of us who are traveling and enjoying our freedom but aren't retired yet or on SSDI need to be able to support ourselves and generate money should something happen to our vehicle/residence.