Just For Fun

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent that picture to my family last Thanksgiving. I think it must be a joke.

Haven't been able to determine if canned dinners are real. Can't find it on Amazon so that's a strike against. The video posted above looks pretty convincing, but some YouTubers will go to great lengths to create a gag (pun intended), so I give the video a slight edge for meaning it is real.

I don't know if this is real, either.
canned turkey.jpg
I do know I won't be buying that.

I'm looking forward to Cream of Turkey Surprise On Bob Wells' microwaved toast.

All this canned food stuff reminds me of one of my favorite tortures to backpackers. There was this company that made already cooked bacon in a can that also included a small amount of bacon fat, all wrapped in wax paper. This was decades before such things were common. It had a long shelf life too. So I would hide one of these cans in my backpack and wait until I was way far away from cars in wilderness zones, like several days. So anyone else that made it that deep in there at a somewhat popular lake would have all used up any fresh meat. By then they would be deep into their Mountain House freeze dried packets. So I would crack open the precooked bacon and fry up some just about the time that the sun would come up. Just about every tent opened up and people stuck their heads out to see where it was coming from. I mean the entire lake. The smell of fresh cooked bacon in the morning was the ultimate YES to wake up to. It worked every time.

LOL! ...I believe that I already tested it "tactical." It works great as a torture device.

Haha, It's says that you can share it with your hunting buddies. Screw that and them too. It's Tactical bacon. You can use it to break them down for tonight's poker game.

Last edited:
So I'm in this mood. I was at this tour back in the 80's. I say this because some people want total silence, and I understand that. I base all that I love about music on this concert. I want to take stuff like this live to the outdoors. Perhaps video concerts from the edge of outdoor beautiful places. Original music.

All this canned food stuff reminds me of one of my favorite tortures to backpackers. There was this company that made already cooked bacon in a can that also included a small amount of bacon fat, all wrapped in wax paper. This was decades before such things were common. It had a long shelf life too. So I would hide one of these cans in my backpack and wait until I was way far away from cars in wilderness zones, like several days. So anyone else that made it that deep in there at a somewhat popular lake would have all used up any fresh meat. By then they would be deep into their Mountain House freeze dried packets. So I would crack open the precooked bacon and fry up some just about the time that the sun would come up. Just about every tent opened up and people stuck their heads out to see where it was coming from. I mean the entire lake. The smell of fresh cooked bacon in the morning was the ultimate YES to wake up to. It worked every time.
This company actually cans all that bacon for different companies such as Yoder's and Tactical Bacon, etc etc. They make a very good line of canned meats - very high quality and well packed - pricey but free shipping and I buy a few cases a year from them. try the Goetta. I wrote and asked about the bacon when I found this out (because it's so expensive online) One of the owners responded with - yes they sell it (for a major discount) but only in person at their S&B store in Ohio due to contractual requirements.

https://www.werlingandsons.com/
Cheers!

That's actually very helpful to anyone that has no cooling methods. Back to reality. I also like the precooked bacon by Oscars that you get in the grocery stores. That stuff lasts for a while too. Interesting link. Thanks for showing that.

So I'm in this mood. I was at this tour back in the 80's. I say this because some people want total silence, and I understand that. I base all that I love about music on this concert. I want to take stuff like this live to the outdoors. Perhaps video concerts from the edge of outdoor beautiful places. Original music.

I worked Concert Security part-time when I was stationed at a little AF Guard base in Denver. Pink Floyd did the Division Bell Tour and took over Mile High Stadium.. Man that was one LOUD show.

Speaker towers were over 100' tall with giant hogs heads coming out the top and super bright lights for thier eyes.. I worked a lot of concerts during the 3 years I was stationed there. The wife went along to but, she was usually out at the gates or back stage. They needed big guys like me to break up fights.. Good times..

The trouble with loud music is that your music isn't my music, and vice versa.
Yep, that's as true a statement as it can be. Which leads me right to the Lit Cactus group. It's on BLM land. In fact it's inside one of the LTVA locations. How did that happen? Do people avoid it if they want quiet? Is there a 10:00pm rule? There are several drums going at once in the videos they have posted on Facebook. I even found a pin for it in Google Maps.