Just a gal starting over, looking for a van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incomsarable

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been lurking on your wonderful forum for a while now so I guess it's time to introduce myself. Thanks so much for the information you've all put together here, it's really been helpful as I search for my first van.

I haven't found one yet, but it's winter in the Midwest so perhaps that's not surprising. I'm hoping to find something by early spring at least and convert it over the next year while I'm stuck in the rat race tying up some loose ends in my old life before I start a new one! Following Bob's advice and looking for a 2002 or newer Chevy/GMC. The search might be easier if I expanded it to Fords or maybe if all the Dodges around here weren't rusted through.

Safe travels!

Welcome incomsarable to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with getting launched next year.

Where in the "Midwest" are you ? I'm in NW Ohio.

Welcome to the CRVL forums   :)

Try running this as a Google Search.  Auto Brokers can generally find what you are looking for at a price you can afford.
Have your finances ready to move on a deal if one comes up.  At certain times of the year,  fleet vehicles are sold off to bring on new models.  Brokers often buy a lot of them at once for cheap and resell them to used car lots.

Google:   Automobile & Truck Brokers and Ohio

Have them to understand that you are looking for a delivery or service type of van that was fleeted by some company. Then see what they find to offer you.  

Good Luck

I'll look into that, thank you!

Right now I'm looking more at passenger vans from private sellers and it's slow going.