I've been thinking too long...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking into RV's, Vans, trailers, everything for years now, have never had enough money, was thinking about this when I was a single mom, but was always afraid my son wouldn't be in a decent place, well, now that I've raised my kids, lived in a horrible money pit sticks and bricks over 25 years, never got it paid off until I finally decided my spouse wasn't on the same page, and decided to divorce, sell the house get what we could out of it, and leave free, but my son needed a roommate, and I needed out of California, so Im in a 4 bedroom house with 3 other roommates including my son, fit most of my leftover stuff (which I got rid of a lot in the house sale) But still I have a 5x5 storage and even then, I still have junk left at my ex spouses house, went down and got most of it, since I found a decent job up here in WA that is paying me while we are on stay at home, still not back to work yet, but it's coming sometime, although Im getting a little done with working for others, I still have never figured a way to do something on my own...which is what I always wanted to do,but I have worked since I was 11, am now 59 and Im getting pretty tired of working, and now that Im living with 2 30 somethings, and a 20 something, (They are on computers all the time, playing games), Im back at when my kid was a kid, and still not doing what I'd like, as up here it has been mostly rainy, grey and at times stormy for the last 7 mos. I think I've seen the sun maybe a week or a week and a half out of the whole time I've been here, and some of that was going back down to Norrthern CA  for a 5 day quick storage and visiting run, to my sister...I was from Red Bluff, and its pretty hot in the summer, something I thought I wanted to get away from, which I did, but this grey skies all the time is getting to me and I miss my daughter as well, who now lives in Vegas...  which is even warmer, but I just thought I'd get a little advice on the Wee Roll trailers, I think they might fit what I need, but wonder if anyone knows if they deliver or not? and what it would cost? Or if someone in the forum could deliver it If I paid something, I couldn't do much but at least gas and time? and then of course i'd have to find a way to find a tow vehicle, and at this point I'd only have enough to cover the trailer, and then I'd have to give my son a heads up, and also my work, which I just bought all my new uniforms for it, and I pretty much feel I need to give back for all the time they've been paying me for staying home, so Im thinking this might take til next year before I could realistically do it...and  I just would like some Ideas I think I'd stay out of Vegas, and maybe stay in RV parks in the Nye County area, or?

Do you own an SUV or something like that now? Most of those will pull a small trailer like the WeeRoll or a teardrop.

You could look locally, craigslist or similar, and if nothing turns up, you might have to travel somewhere to buy what you need.

That might even be part of the adventure!

Good luck to you.

I don't have any SUV, and really don't want to spend more, but my car is a 4 cyl. hathback and woudn't be able to tow any long distance, I like the car however, the driving in it is much better than any I've had in awhile, that's why im hesitant to get something else, I've got to have a comfortable ride, as I have degenerative discs in my neck and like I said, don't like driving long distance, it is hard on me.

Start with your current vehicle and a tent. Any camping equipent you acquire for it will transfer to a Wee Roll in the future. I would go for one you can stand up in. Their warehouse is in Central Florida, which would be a nice adventure for Oct - Mar of a future year.

I see Wee Roll trailers posted in Seattle craigslist now and again. You can set up a notification by email using keywords. That way you won't miss out if one shows up. Make sure you set the notification to include nearby areas so you also get results from surrounding states.

Thankyou for you're help, still waiting on going back to work, as I am paid, wierd as all getout...It's a surreal feeling, but I'm thankful for being paid, while we are in this time...and If Im going to be able to do this, I will have to get another vehicle, whether that will be a tow vehicle and trailer, or a Van I've yet to see, I'd like a van or truck, but they are so expensive, and Im an extremely frugal person, and not that mechanical.

Try Coolworks.com see if any seasonal work with housing is available in the areas you want to be in and save until you can afford a comfortable tow vehicle or travel twice a year to seasonal jobs with housing using the vehicle you have.

and also my work, which I just bought all my new uniforms for it, and I pretty much feel I need to give back for all the time they've been paying me for staying home
The taxpayer paid for you to stay home so you can rule that factor out... :cool:

[extensively edited for brevity]
...and single...and decided to divorce...and leftover stuff...and at my ex spouses house...and I still have never figured a way to do something on my own...and Wee Roll trailers, I think they might fit what I need, but wonder if anyone knows if they deliver or not? and what it would cost? Or if someone in the forum could deliver it...and then of course i'd have to find a way to find a tow vehicle, and at this point I'd only have enough to cover the trailer, and then...
[snip]

My suggestion:
Start with your Requirements Statement.

As you develop your Requirements Statement, you achieve a clear concept of your future.

2003, my Very Significant Other got sick.
We immediately developed our Requirements Statement.
Our essential points:
* hit the road instead of wallowing in pity
* hit the road instead of perfecting each detail of doing it

My suggestion:
Determine your tow vehicle prior to guessing about your trailer and living-quarters.
You may discover your tow vehicle makes an ideal living-quarters!

My question to anybody investing hours! and hours! and hours! of thinking about going mobile:
* "Might you be over-thinking this?"

Latest posts