It's sprint, but "New Internet Option For Low Income Rvers And Van Dwellers"

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
"... The service is called PC’s For People. They offer UNLIMITED wifi hot spots for 10 dollars a month. The catch is you have to make less than 200 percent of the poverty level. That means 23,760 for a single person, 32,040 for a family of two, etc. You may view the eligibility requirements here..."

Read more here: http://www.roadworkplay.com/2016/10/new-internet-option-for-low-income-rvers-and-van-dwellers/

I bought a sprint karma hot spot and never was able to connect to the internet, even in some pretty urban locations. (it's for sale, cheap, by the way)

Oh wow THANKS for this!  I qualify and it's cheaper than going to the truck stop all the time!  <3

Does Sprint work okay in Ehrenberg and Quartzite?  I hope so.  I found the fine print on the throttling but hey for the price, I'm not complaining.

*Mobile Beacon is providing PCs for People’s users with an unlimited 4G LTE data-only plan with no data caps or throttling. The data plan is subject to Sprint’s network management policy for the unlimited LTE plan it offers its own retail customers.

Sprint "Quality of Service" Practices (QoS): Unlimited customers who use more than 23 GB of data during a billing cycle will be deprioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained.

I'll easily use 40gb so I can imagine getting deprioritized a fair amount.

I just talked to them at their Denver office because I couldn't find where I could send the paperwork they need. They have another website for it at https://pcsrefurbished.com

She told me that I can enter what I want to buy into the cart and when I get to the purchase it will have me set up a new account then upload my documentation proving eligibility from there.

Headache
It does sound like a good price but if it doesn't work where you will be ???????
The online reviews I could find stated no or poor Sprint coverage in Q and no reviews in Ehrenberg.
Try starting a thread specifically asking about this before you sign up.

Popeye in researching areas I will be in it appears I won't have coverage in half of them so this service won't work for me. It will be good for those who are stationary in an urban area. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and figure out a way to afford Verizon.

When you check Sprint coverage, check for their 3G coverage too. The 3G footprint is much larger than the LTE footprint. That said, I agree that Sprint is best for those in a major metro for the fastest speeds.

Yep, and in two areas I will be spending a lot of time in they show it as "roaming", not even in the 3g area.

Some full timers I know use HughesNet for their mobile internet. It's said to be more reliable and approx the same cost as Verizon. Something I will look into when I get my rig for sure.

Would be nice if they allowed me to count the costs of a service dog as a second person :D

I know this is a zombie thread but I signed up for it today considering my 4GCommunity hotspot will stop working between now and the 30th of November. I was not eligible for it when I got the 4GC and was not sure now so I called them first. They told me I was good to go and that I could stop in the store in Denver and take care of it all today. It took a few minutes of trying to confirm the info and then $194 later I walked out with a hotspot and unlimited Sprint LTE for a year. I will have to requalify next year when my service is up.

Good Bye 4GC, hello PC4P

It is unlimited with the usual possibility of being prioritized if you are over 22 gigs and on a congested tower. It is the new landscape of the cell world.

But not universal, important to remind what the word's supposed to mean.

You are right, it's not completely universal. You can spend a wad on a old grandfathered Verizon account or go to Unlimitedville where prices start at $99 a month for Sprint and end at $249 for Verizon. Our little 3G hotspots are not throttled/prioritized/network managed and I am sure there are others too. In general though, every unlimited plan that has been released lately has had it.

Latest posts