Its Football Season ‘24!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTJohn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The College Football Classic in Dublin, Ireland kicks off the 2024 college football season pitting my 10th ranked Florida State Seminoles against the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets.

The Seminoles are coming off an undefeated season and a major snub from the ‘23 playoff committee so they’re on a mission this season.

Georgia Tech I don’t really know anything about except, I assume they’re from Georgia?

Kikoff at noon ESDT……..
GO NOLES!

I'm a West Coast guy, and really don't care much about SEC or ACC and so on. Now that some ex-PAC 10 teams have joined the Big 10 (does that make it the Big 14?), I guess I'll have to expand my interest a bit more east. Maybe even get up earlier on Saturdays.

That said, for some strange reason I can't really explain, I DO sort of follow the Seminoles and am happy when they win. Go figure!

Sooo, GTdefeats Florida State and now im a lil disappointed by that but its still just a football game meant for entertainment and it was an entertaining exciting game.

Still dont get why this game was played in Dublin, ireland? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sooo, GTdefeats Florida State and now im a lil disappointed by that but its still just a football game meant for entertainment and it was an entertaining exciting game.

Still dont get why this game was played in Dublin, ireland? 🤷🏻‍♂️
NFL I understand. They want to export/grow the game to make new customers and more $$$. I'm not sure what the college football connection is though.

Im annoyed by the travel cause its a big distraction to the players when they should be focused on playin the game not a tourist trip.

Also, both Universities have this big stadium to use that ahhh is sitting there empty?

Also my team lost so its not helping me any and I'm wondering Y wasn't this game played at Doak in Tallahassee?

Ok im over it……

Sorta
jonny Seminole

The Big Ten isn't what it used to be. Rutgers in New Jersey became a member a few years back.

I was living in NJ at the time, I was shopping for groceries, wearing my Gophers shirt, and a local guy related his disgust at Rutgers being allowed in the Big Ten.

The Big Ten isn't what it used to be.
😂
Yo Kay. Unless you mean Big10 historically really sucked and now they’re really good.

Let’s see, Big 10 has 4 teams currently rated in the Top 10 with the defending National Champion in Michigan and the runner up in Washington.
😂
I rest your case…….
jonny football

Last edited:
ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!

My alma mater 〽️ichigan Wolverines -current defending National Champions - take on the Fresno State Bulldogs at 〽️ichigan Stadium tonight at 7:30 EST on NBC.

tmp.gif

jonny

Last edited:
ITS FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!

My alma mater 〽️ichigan Wolverines -current defending National Champions - take on the Fresno State Bulldogs at 〽️ichigan Stadium tonight at 7:30 EST on NBC.

jonny
Welp... Since I did my freshman year at Fresno State, I know who I'll root for. Maybe I can actually watch it. I see it listed on an OTA TV channel I can get here, Which gets me to my current rant. Unless I fork out the $$$ for some kind of access, most games I might be interested in are usually not available to me. Over the years I have become less and less interested. Nowadays I usually just catch the scores afterwards and briefly am happy or sad in an apathetic sort of way. If that is any indication, I suspect that in the pursuit of $$$ the game(s) have lost a certain amount of fandom.

Welp... Since I did my freshman year at Fresno State, I know who I'll root for. Maybe I can actually watch it. I see it listed on an OTA TV channel I can get here, Which gets me to my current rant. Unless I fork out the $$$ for some kind of access, most games I might be interested in are usually not available to me. Over the years I have become less and less interested. Nowadays I usually just catch the scores afterwards and briefly am happy or sad in an apathetic sort of way. If that is any indication, I suspect that in the pursuit of $$$ the game(s) have lost a certain amount of fandom.
Dude; there is streaming (free) if u look a lil bit.
Most places have a “watch for free” intro thing.

The bright side is Fresno St receives 2 million$ for sending their football team to Ann Arbor to be used as cannon fodder.

I’m in the Michigan Alum loop and there’s always a few peeps that stream it for the rest of us scattered around the World that are signed up clued in and I tune in on my iPhone.

I just gotta drive to a spot where I get a full signal cause I don’t have one at Kamp. Itsa night game so I’ll just stay at that spot all night. 🤙

Last edited:
I agree that FS will probably get eaten alive. But, once in a while, David beats Goliath. Hope springs eternal - at least to football fans,

Yes, I know about the intro offers. I have learned to be wary of them - for various reasons, I won't get into here. And part of my problem is that my chosen lifestyle is not compatible to the cable universe. And, I've got this big flat-screen I would rather watch than use my (relatively) tiny phone for a football game. All that is on me.

BUT... I still think the pay-per-view TV universe sucks.

I agree that FS will probably get eaten alive. But, once in a while, David beats Goliath. Hope springs eternal - at least to football fans,

Yes, I know about the intro offers. I have learned to be wary of them - for various reasons, I won't get into here. And part of my problem is that my chosen lifestyle is not compatible to the cable universe. And, I've got this big flat-screen I would rather watch than use my (relatively) tiny phone for a football game. All that is on me.

BUT... I still think the pay-per-view TV universe sucks.
I’m with ya and just being a typical Arrogant Ass that went to Ann Arbor 😎〽️🤙.

Fresno is a damn good team and last year they traveled to Purdue and beat the Boilermakers. We’ve been chatting on the 〽️🏈 site about Y did we schedule the Bulldogs for game 1. No1 is taking Fresno lightly.

jonny

〽️ichigan - 30 Fresno St - 10

There were a lot of questions regarding this years Wolverines after the National Championship Team of ‘23 and some of them were answered against Fresno St.

The defense is as good as most believed it would be.
Special Teams appears to be in very good shape. Good punting & receiving units and a great field goal unit.
Offense has a long way to go at almost all positions.
Offensive line has individual experience but needs to gel as a unit.
Wide receiver play was lacking and running backs showed little till the 4th qwarter.
Tight end play is the one bright spot from last nights game.

Quarterback play was not great at all. Yes, it’s adequate but that isn’t good enough to compete for the Big Ten Championship.

Next week the 4th ranked Texas Longhorns come to Ann Arbor and it will be hard for 〽️ichigan to defeat them without improvement this week especially from the Offensive Line play…….

1725196071906.gif

ITS FOOTBALL MONDAY!

Tonight at 7:30 ET on ESPN my Florida State Seminoles host the Boston College Eagles at Doak Campbell Stadium.

IMG_2817.jpeg

GO NOLES!

jonny football 🏈

Florida St got their ass handed to them last night by Boston College 28-13. Lookin like it’ll be a long season for my Seminoles.

BC got off to a 21-6 lead on a complete lack of Seminole defense and with the help of Florida State miscues the Eagles coasted from there.

USC won so I'm happy about that.
Sorry HC; no fan of SoCal here unless they’re playing Ohio St or Notre Dame and we get them in The Big House on the 21st. My SC hatred goes back to the Charles White “td” fumble in the ‘79 Rose Bowl vs 〽️ichigan that every1 in Murahka watching could see except the ref standing yards away looking square at it. Won’t say that game was rigged but if it looks like a duck……..

I’ll see u in a few weex but 〽️y mind is on Texas this week.

jonny football

Latest posts