Itinerary From Coast to Coast Road Trip

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enginewitty

Reaction score
So after having a pretty rough time starting out I'm gonna leave the vanlife thing behind for the time being and move into a house.

I will be traveling from Southern California all the way up to New York.

It will probably only be somewhere between a 2-4 week journey.

Does anyone have any suggestions of beautiful places to visit along the way?
I love landscapes, quietude, nature and peacefulness.

Thanks in advance
Hope you are all well

S Cal to NY ?......I'd exceed my data limit.
If I had to pick just 1 , Grand Canyon.

You'll be a little late for the Fall colors in Colorado, and it's getting cold for most folks, but if you come this way a drive through Rocky Mountain National Park on Trail Ridge Road is always worth it. It's a bit like Disney Land this time of year, but it's as close as most people will ever get to large herds of elk. Trail Ridge will close soon if we get a big snow, but you should be good in the next couple weeks.

Also, if you're taking highway 70 across, run down to Moab and spend a day at Arches National Park - you can see some spectacular rock formations right from the road, and if you're up for a hike take the back country loop at the end of the road. Actually, it's pretty easy to go to Grand Canyon, then come up from there to Moab, then across to Rocky Mountain NP.

South Dakota...Mt Rushmore, Rushmore Cave, Wind Cave, Badlands, Corn Palace in Mitchell SD.