It followed us, but DW wouldn't let me keep him...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphim

Reaction score
image.jpg

Estimated 6' from snout to hind leg.  Have no idea how long his tail was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB
I was expecting to see a really cute picture of a dog, maybe a cat. That was the last thing I expected to see. I wouldn't want to keep him either.

I was expecting a dog also. I think when that critter follows you it's called stalking, not following. highdesertranger

I like him a lot, but gotta side with DW on this one. He's not a pet...he's a pet eater!

It's a good sign that your wife wouldn't let you keep it. She wants to keep you around a little while longer, for some unknown reason.

Not as much fun to pet as a dog, but great for security! Cheap too...... only needs one dog or cat every couple weeks. Or a pesky salesman a month! :)

When it dies, you get new luggage and a pair of cowboy boots.

But they are fun to play with. I caught my first at 8yo. Been playing with them since I was 3 until it got too hard to be found with one. Dad used to bring them home for us kids to play with. What can I say. I'm a 7th gen Florida Cracker. Dirt poor and barefoot.

Don't know how many generations for me.  Our earliest forebears were two brothers who came from Merry Old England in the 1740's, fleeter of foot than those family members who got caught and sent to the Australian penal colonies.  :D

Each brother went to a different county up here to start his family, and we can go to each other's family reunions.

Dad's family were dirt poor 'crackers' too, farming and fishing to get by.  Dad moved us to the 'big city' when he left the USAF, determined we'd have a better opportunity.  I now live on my own property on the edge of the National Forest swamp.  "You can take the Cracker out of the swamp, but not the swamp out of the Cracker!"  ;)
And I do love my swamps!
I too did my ten years in the military (USAF and USN) but came back home to north Florida.  I will travel with the vans, but will likely die here in sunny Florida.

All these Floridians ... we were paddling the Tomoka River when we photographed this guy a couple weeks ago.