Is this the holy grail of RV/van Air Conditioners? DC Airco

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John61CT - Yes, but let it go. Just getting people worked up over an issue which doesn't matter. I understand it is already a dead thread but don't extend it into an argument based on semantics please.

Actually now that I really look at it, John is correct.   I have been leaving off an implied time when saying things.

Saying per and meaning for is wrong.   Per implies division.

I think I picked it up a long time ago as slang along with a few million other people but that does not make it right.

Removing amps per hour and watts per hour from vocabulary now.......processing....done.

What one needs to say (I think) is AH per time unit with an implied constant voltage (in this case 12V) to indicate energy usage of a device.

A 12V battery with a 100AH capacity can provide 5AH per hour for 20 hours.

((5A*hour)/hour)*20hour) = 100AH

A 12V battery with a 100AH capacity can provide 5A for 20 hours.
(5A*20hour) = 100AH

I think I should abandon English and just stick to equations.

Here is how I should have answered when Highdesertranger first used per:

"they are deceiving with the energy use. if you run it at night like they say 50% duty cycle at 25 amps per hour in 8 hours that is 200 amp hours.  highdesertranger "

25A*8hour=200AH

I should not have tried to use the same slang of amps per hour that HDR used because it is incorrect and he and I have probably been using it wrong for years.  Both HDR and I should have either said in English "25amp-hour per hour for 8 hours" or "25 amps for 8 hours", not "25 amps per hour in 8 hours".

Sorry HDR, we are both wrong and John is right.

English does suck for explaining technical stuff. Russian is better but learning Russian language sucks more trust me!! They assign Masculine and Feminine gender to numbers!! How can number have a gender? On the last point because of where I am joining in from this will be read so Heads Up, that with contains Revelations and is a hotel lamp under dweller teacher is watching!!

IGBT said:
Sorry HDR, we are both wrong and John is right.

And me!

:p

Really, its about getting the right technical information out there, so all of the 'teachers' should be teaching from pretty much the same textbooks.

This helps keep the 'students' somewhat less confused. And yes there is a LOT of stuff on the internet that is either casually mis-stated, or simply, wrong.  

I'd like to help keep Bob's little gathering here a place to find the correct information the first time.

Everybody can participate, I think, in one way or another.

Ummm....now what was the original question again?

that depends on what your definition of is is

John61CT - Thanks
IGBT - Hence why I mentioned you were getting caught up on the colloquialisms
Scott7022 - It's interesting because English is that "standard" for technical and scientific use, lol
CTTW - This thread was pretty dead before it was started ... But I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.