Is this mileage too high?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first question is, he says the motor has been replaced but fails to specify the mileage on the body and the mileage on the new motor. I'm guessing 190,000 is overall but who knows. I would personally spend more and get something lower miles. Or spend the same and get something older and lower miles.

TMG51 said:
My first question is, he says the motor has been replaced but fails to specify the mileage on the body and the mileage on the new motor. I'm guessing 190,000 is overall but who knows. I would personally spend more and get something lower miles. Or spend the same and get something older and lower miles.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just got excited by that long wheel base.

If he has documentation of motor rebuild then it might well be a good deal...quite possible new motor only has 50k or less on it.

This could be a good deal.Well worth checking out.You could probably dicker some on the price.

Ad says 190k total miles. Current owner replaced the motor after he bought it.  It was used in his business, so he will likely have receipts for everything and be able to tell you what was done and at what mileage.

For perspective, here in Colorado I see one ton passenger vans with over 300k on them for sale all the time, coming out of shuttle service fleets. (A lot of people are shuttled from the Denver airport to ski areas, etc. and you see shuttle vans everywhere!)  

Get as much info as you can, drive it, and then if you want it, negotiate. $4400 is only the asking price.

my limit was 150k, found one with 70k but I paid too much!

The ad says 190k miles and it says the motor was 5 years ago. So that doesn't tell us anything about how many miles are on the motor but 50k seems unlikely.

190k and already on the second motor, red flag. more then likely this van was abused. there's a lot more to the running gear than just the motor. I would be leery. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
190k and already on the second motor,  red flag.  more then likely this van was abused.  there's a lot more to the running gear than just the motor.  I would be leery.  highdesertranger

If highdesertranger says it's a red flag, I ain't gonna mess with it. Thank you.

If it is indeed a newer moter then it could be a good van. If he has paperwork regarding the new motor. $4400 is a high price for that amount of mileage. $3000 to $3300 would be a good deal for this van if it drives good and is mechanically sound.

It can be a good van. That mileage is not high at all as one poster mentioned these are sold as ex fleet vehicles with 250k to 300k plus miles.

Getting over 250k out of this van is very realistic. So its worth looking at but don't pay over $3500 for it!!

The rest of the van will fall apart around the motor. All the other little stuff will nickel and dime you to death. And the little stuff costs big anymore.

Pass on it.
Bob