Is pepper spray legal?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Your Honor. My client was approaching a 24 hour market. His only desire was to peacefully buy milk for his family. This woman started screaming obscenities and proceeded to spray my client with insect spray. My client was choking and partially blinded. My client was frightened for his life. That is why he shot the woman with his legal 45 automatic pistol which he is permitted to carry for self protection.

Yep, if she was the aggressor in the assault on an armed man, that armed man does have the right to use lethal force against that aggressor as long as he feels his life (or another's) is in danger, or to prevent grievous bodily harm.

It does NOT need to be *equal force*

Erianerson said:
[font=arial, sans-serif]According to the Criminal Code of [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Canada[/font][font=arial, sans-serif], it's [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]legal[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] to carry a product designed for personal protection against another human. However, [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]mace[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] – which has a higher concentration of oleoresin capsicum, the chemical found in [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]pepper spray[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] – is considered a prohibited weapon, which makes it [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]illegal[/font][font=arial, sans-serif].[/font]

Also in [font=arial, sans-serif]Massachusetts[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Pepper spray is classified as ammunition. License required to purchase and own[/font].

Queen said:
Just love that here in FL I can buy an arsenal of guns, but I can't have more than two ounces of pepper spray.   :dodgy:

I'm pretty sure if you have an FL concealed carry license the 2oz is no longer a restriction.