Is it diffuclt finding online jobs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people talking about physical trades but no mention of IT networking. This is what has supported me for the past 3 years on the road. I got an AAS degree in networking from my local technical college. The demand for this work keeps growing and growing as everything is becoming a network device. Coding is great for now but you are potentially competing with freelancers globaly which could become a serious race to the bottom in the future. I do in person physical installs and repair work and I find all the work I need on a few online marketplaces. Onforce.com, fieldnation.com, and workmarket.com are the sites I use. 50+hr is standard in this industry and all 3 of the online market places I listed are growing rapidly. It works best in major markets but you can get by in the sticks no problem. I will stay in a big market when I want to save up and then dabble in rural markets when I just need to get by. You can scroll through my onforce ratings to get an idea of the jobs that are out there. https://app.onforce.com/?page=pro_profile#/11213/ratings?_k=64o1sr. Im in San Francisco right now to save up for a new rig but have pulled several 3+ month stints in smaller markets such as Bend Or, spokane Wa, and humboldt county.