Is a pottery sink basin practical/realistic?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Maki that an above-counter design takes away space, and space is precious stuff indeed. To me, that sink looks beautiful, but impractical.

I would also wonder about its vulnerability when washing things in it -- to scratches, dings, getting shattered by a pot if you slip just a little ...

I think these kinds of sinks are more used in bathrooms than kitchens.

They would chip with just everyday dishwashing, I would think.

Maybe secure it somewhere and use to hold toilet paper, dishtowels or some such thing.

Also consider the kind of dishwashing you're going to be doing in your van. Will you be having a sink full of warm suds? Or will you be doing dishes by wiping them as clean as you can get and then using your choice of spray bottles to get them the rest of the way clean. Eliminating a slippery sink full of suds might minimize the possibility of chips and dings in your sink.
~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I guess I did not answer the question of "is it practical". Personally I don't think so even for a full S&B. Frees up space under counter but sure takes up space above board. Looks to be harder to clean around to. But will it do the job? Sure and if it is what would make you happy, go for it. A lot of things are to make you happy. That's why there is no one size fits all.

Nothing that is built can't be undone if it doesn't work out. Space needed is an individual thing and what may be important to one is not even considered by another.

Did you buy the sink to give to a relative that doesn't really want it, to sell it or to use it?

I just watch a youtube video where the woman inset her porcelain sink into a drawer … I have never seen that before.
Oh well, time will tell and pictures to follow lol!

I dont know if it would be practical but it sure does look nice. Nice ornamental things like that can brighten your mood and generate positive vibes , so yeah! go for it!

I bet it will not chip from every day use in a kitchen. How often do ceramic dishes and bowls, or coffee cups chip. Yes if you drop them, but not with every day use. Do it, then show us the photos.