Introduction

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boonbocker767

Reaction score
Hello,
I am newly on the road and new to forums, so please bear with me. 

I am a 42 year old man who has recently survived cancer. I traveled around the world mostly out of a backpack in my 20s and have always been able to maintain a minimalist lifetstyle while traveling.

I've been a sub of Bob's videos among many others involving traveling, Bushcraft, survival ect.. It was a matter of time before my lifestyle changes back to being a nomad.

I promised myself I would travel when the cancer was gone and the Coronavirus becoming a thing expedited my plans. So I've been living out of my SUV and tent camping for almost 3 months now. 
I have only been in Florida and Georgia so far on this journey and am planning to go west soon. I am a loner and used to figuring everything out on my own but it would be nice to know others doing the same thing so information can be passed along. I am all about helping others it not always good at asking for help. 
I do everything trial by fire style so I'm taking this slow and acquiring what I need after learning the hard way. I don't believe in regrets so everything that happens is A ok with me 
With that being said, I'll try to learn how forums work because I remember being frustrated with subscribing to myself and whatnot. Lol. I feel like I used to be a tech savvy person years ago but don't care about it much anymore. It would benefit me here though. 
Thanks for reading and look forward to speaking with lots of folks here and learning and teaching after I learn a few things. Currently in Perry Fl, camping for $7 a night but looking forward to going west and camping for free for life soon.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Boondockere767! Keep us updated on your journey west!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :)

The bottom link in my signature line may be of interest to you as things begin to open back up soon.  Many have been closed down making it quite difficult on Nomads who had lived 50/50 in & out of their rigs.  ( basically traveling, cooking, and sleeping in them while using the Gym's like Planet Fitness & Laundromats  for much of their other needs ) 

Hope the site aids you in your travels.