Introduction Post

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotewoman

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a disabled senior. Like many who choose this lifestyle, I can't afford to live on what I get from Social Security and pay rent have a place to live too. I bought some land in WA for camping a long time ago (very rustic). I had a five bedroom house and decades of antiques and collectibles (as well as my own arts and crafts) so to sell them I opted to rent a small storefront near my land. There's some tourism in the summer but the town is very quiet in the winter; which works fine for me because I plan to visit my son each winter in AZ. He helped me to build a small 7' x 12' travel trailer. We started out with a 1976 Road Ranger but it turned out that so little was salvageable in the end we just tore it down and did our own thing. I was able to get it for only $280 but the young man I bought it from used it for hunting. It was pretty much trashed and reeked from beer and cigarettes. I have an acute hyper-sensitivity to chemicals so building with re-purposed/salvaged materials worked best for me. My son's a welder so he welded the frame which is much lighter than if we used wood (wood that would give the same strength anyway). Empty it probably doesn't weight more than 1200 to 1500 lbs. I think it's pretty cute but I did most of the finishing work and I'm definitely a novice. I made it back to WA last spring and now I'm getting ready to head back to AZ and intend to take my time and fully enjoy the trip. I also plan to make it to the RTR in Quartzsite this year!!! I've been watching all the YouTube videos for a couple years now and am looking forward to meeting ya all and making some new friends!

Coyotewoman - hello.... welcome to the forum. I hope I get to meet you and see your trailer someday. I won't be at this winter's RTR.

That is so cool, that you and your son built your rig! I hope I get to see it (and meet you), whether this year or down the road. Blessings!

The Dire Wolfess

Welcome to the CRVL forums coyotewoman! Washington in the summer and Arizona in the winter - the best of each season! See you at the RTR!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank for the welcome everyone. I hope to meet you each in the future. I actually met some people here who go to Quartzsite in the winter. I was surprised. They don't go to the RTR, but one guy gave me a lot of good information.

HI and welcome.
sounds like you have a nice winter and summer set up happening for yourself!