Introduction Planning to full time Plans in flux

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CityBear

Reaction score
I am retired and, currently making plans to full time  in a  travel trailer. Was a originally planning to home base out of South Dakota, and travel and see the things on my bucket list, but now I have decided to base out of Arizona.  I have lived there before, and really liked the state.  I currently  plan to home base out of Quartzite, or Why (coyote howls east), and spend time doing dispersed camping in the Southwest for at least the first year, or so.  I also plan to attend the RTR during this time.  After my time in Arizona I still plan to travel and see the things on my list.  I currently have  travel trailer, SUV to tow with.  I have set up a budget which I believe will work (may need some tweaking).  Thinking to spend most my time doing  dispersed camping/boondocking, and occasionally spend a night in commercial campgrounds to dump and refill tanks as needed.  Everything is flexible as I have learned in life things can change.  Wish all Peace and Grace, and hope to see you out on the road.

Welcome CityBear to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi CityBear! Best of luck to you and your plans. I was also considering SD because of the healthcare there, but I'm thinking AZ also. Post your experience with changing resident state if you feel comfortable with that. Again, best wishes.

I think you need to look further into the SD residence and vehicle registration. The way it is setup you really don't need to go there, but once. Maybe to renew your drivers license in 5 or more years for a visit. Once it is setup, it becomes a passing through obligation.
Rural, small towns are where to settle as you have indicated. One advantage is the smog requirements are lessened.

It looks like my plans are going to be on hold here for a little while until I get things straighten out here in KS. I will keep you up to date on when I make the break.