Introduction of Al & Faye

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroadbentA

Reaction score
Wanted to introduce myself and my significant other, Faye this evening.  Decided to register after watching many of the videos Bob has made, all of which are very tastefully and professionally done with something to learn from each one.  We live full time in West Melbourne Florida - actually the COUNTY of West Melbourne Florida which may soon be annexed into the City of West Melbourne which is something I do not look forward to.  Tonight in one of the videos Bob mentioned his mom lived in Orlando Florida and I wanted to extend my welcome to him if he ever showed up in my driveway someday.  I live within three minutes of exit 180 of Interstate 95 which is the Melbourne/West Melbourne exit.  Recently another interchange has been added with, when opened will be a faster way to get to the Melbourne Airport - now named "Orlando Melbourne International Airport".   I've lived in Melbourne Florida since 1962, joined the Air Force in 1968 and retired as a Master Sergeant in 1989 then went to work at the commissary at Patrick AFB for another 15 years finally retiring from there as well.  Faye and I live a comfortable life here at the house and recently she bought our 2017 Coachman Orion RV which we have taken a total of two long road trips in.  Last one was to Cottonwood Arizona, a place I would not hesitate to move to.  I am now 73 years old and Faye prefers I keep her age a secret (you know how women are about their age) - she is, however, over 70 like me but does not look her age.  Bob if you ever are back in Florida again please contact me and we will get together at the house and I will show you around my little acre of resources you might find interesting!  Please email me when you get the chance. The photo is Faye standing by our Coachman RV - our old 1992 Toyota Winnebago Warrior is in the background. Could not get the photo to post - sorry about that.

Al Broadbent and Faye P.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Al and Faye! Bob's mother is now living in Oregon with his sister but he will be in Florida in February as a speaker at the RVillage Spirit of the Road Rally https://www.rvillagerally.com/master-classes

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you for adding me as a member and for the nice welcome to the group.  Just watching many of Bob's videos has given me so many great ideas for the RV we have.  I've already made one major improvement to ours which solved most of our storage problems and I hope to be able to share a few photos of the modifications in one of the sections of the forum.  Most forums require a 'probationary period" prior to allowing photos - I did try to post one photo of Faye next to our motorhome but it did not post.  I look forward to someday meeting Bob because he is an amazing guy!

Bob Well's mother no longer lives in Florida. She now lives in Oregon (with Bob's sister). So Bob is hanging out in the West now because his mother has significant health issues.

Of course you can always attend the RTR and meet Bob there!