INTJohn & anyone, Lets go Skydiving at Lake Michigan (:

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the website lets you 'virtually' sign your waiver.

Can I just 'virtually' jump too?

With the right 3D goggles, I bet 'virtual reality skydiving' is 'almost' as good.

And a WHOLE lot safer.

(This is a 360 youtube, you can drag it around with your mouse cursor)

Last edited:
If you do your homework it's safer to skydive than to drive to the Drop Zone or be inside the plane. I've done a bunch of exciting things & NOTHING compares to flying @ 120 mph with no sense of falling just being totally free. Good to the last drop:)

😂😂
Dude I’ve got 83 jumps frum perfect good airplanes. 11 of them HALO. All of them when I was in the service in special forces sooo many decades ago.

The only reason I did it cause it was part of the job - the unit I was in as, at that time in my life I would rather die than let any of the guys in the unit know I was chicken shit. But I was, totally! But I did it anyway. Part of the job.

I never once jumped out of the plane with my eyes open. I’m not shitting you. On static line the best feeling in the world was that massive JERK! On my bod when that damn chute opened.

The HALOs - gawd - one of the most horrible things I’ve ever experienced. Jump out of an airplane at an altitude halfway to the moon and free fall till you are about 100’ feet above the ground and pull the chord…….WtF.

The first time I did it I threw up all over myself. It was part of the job and I did it fuk u!

When I left the military I’ve never jumped from a perfectly good airplane since and never will. No.
No. No. I would rather stand naked on a hill solitary, facing a platoon of charging enemy than ever jump again.

Sayin
jonny boi.

My brother may have been with you. I thought you'd jumped in the military. The people who were paid to jump hated it & the people who pay to do it love it in most cases. When I learned one Jump master was a Golden Knight who had jumped from over 40,000'. Took O2 for 2 hours before the ride, in the plane & got over 4 minutes of free fall. When you read a weather briefing for that high it's just 2 numbers because it's always below -100 deg. Just thought Johny Boi might one more drop. On a clear day you could see Chicago & Milwaukee from there.:)

Still....I think I'll pass.

Some people wont ride motorcycles, I've been riding them all my life.

I drove truck for about 3 million miles. Truck driving is a hazardous occupation.

I know what risk is and we manage risk as we go thru life.

I just have NO desire to jump from an airplane, sorta like I have no desire to explore caves or ride a unicycle or take a cruise to the Caribbean.

But, we'd love to see your video when you've done it!

Still....I think I'll pass.

Some people wont ride motorcycles, I've been riding them all my life.

I drove truck for about 3 million miles. Truck driving is a hazardous occupation.

I know what risk is and we manage risk as we go thru life.

I just have NO desire to jump from an airplane, sorta like I have no desire to explore caves or ride a unicycle or take a cruise to the Caribbean.

But, we'd love to see your video when you've done it!
Nice 3 million. I got 2.7 million safe driving miles. I do flatbed so unfortunately do a lot of city driving delivering elevators. I hate thoes runs.

With the right 3D goggles, I bet 'virtual reality skydiving' is 'almost' as good.

And a WHOLE lot safer.

tx2, seems like having Real vs VR sex. No appeal to me, sorry! see how safe below.
In 2022, the motor vehicle death rate in the United States was 12.8 deaths per 100,000 people, or 42,514 deaths in total.

The USPA recorded a total of 3.5 million jumps in the US in 2015. That includes first-time tandem skydivers and experienced solo skydivers.
Out of those, there were 21 fatal skydiving accidents. This equates to 0.006 fatalities per 1,000 jumps, which is a very small risk.

21 dead skydivers per 3.5 million jumps
1366 died in cars per 3.5 million trips if my math is right

No jumping for me. I don't fly. I drove from Seattle to Queens, NY in my personal vehicle, almost 3k miles straight through when I had a family emergency. Took me 47 hours and lots of coffee. I felt like shit for days. It was stupid I could of seriously hurt someone or myself.

You really start seeing shit and don't remember what happened 10 seconds prior.

You wont get an argument from me about how deadly things with wheels are.

I defy those risks because I WANT to.

But I dont want to do what you want to do. Simple as that.

And a WHOLE lot safer.

In 2022, the motor vehicle death rate in the United States was 12.8 deaths per 100,000 people, or 42,514 deaths in total.

The USPA recorded a total of 3.5 million jumps in the US in 2015. That includes first-time tandem skydivers and experienced solo skydivers.
Out of those, there were 21 fatal skydiving accidents. This equates to 0.006 fatalities per 1,000 jumps, which is a very small risk.