INTERNET $10 per month unlimited data

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceejay

Reaction score
Does anyone have the $10 a month unlimited data internet with PCS for PEOPLE using  Sprint with [font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]8072 modem?  I just ordered the modem and the service ... should be here in a few days. Was wondering if others have it and wondered how they like it.[/font]

Ceejay

I have read of this on Howardforums which has a pretty good size thread. I believe there may have been a thread here in the communications/internet section but I don't know of anyone that has used it. Your experience will be valuable as anyone near a larger city with Sprint coverage can use it.

What did it take to sign up? Were there income restrictions? Do you know if it includes all of the bands or is it limited like my 4Gcommunity service is?

I know that when my LTE modem has a good signal that the service will be blazing fast. Sprint band 41 can easily run in the 30+ Mbps range which makes streaming anything including HD a breeze.

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you and where you get service or not.
you might ask a mod to move this to the communications forum for more exposure.

jimindenver said:
I look forward to hearing how it goes for you and where you get service or not.
you might ask a mod to move this to the communications forum for more exposure.
I also look forward to hearing more about this one. I'm always looking for a better way that is more economical while at it.

I, too, am looking forward to your opinion.  My sister had a cheap service about ten years ago, and it was very sloooooowwww.  Maybe things have improved.

Eligibility

To receive services from PCs for People a potential recipient must be below the 200% poverty level or be currently enrolled in an income-based government assistance program. Nonprofits are also eligible recipients of technology and can learn more here.

ATTENTION: Documents accepted for proof of eligibility require a date. EBT cards, Medicaid cards without a date, and pay stubs are not accepted. We do not accept screenshots of online accounts.

St Paul Lobby
Persons in Family   Max Allowed Income
1                             $24,120
2                             $32,480
3                             $40,840
4                             $49,200
5                             $57,560
6                             $65,920
7                             $74,280
8                             $82,640

Clients must show a photo ID and proof of eligibility, as listed below:

Here are some examples of programs that are eligible:*

Adult & Child Mental Health Case Management*
   Employment Services*
   Extended Foster Care
   Food Support (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
   Financial Assistance, such as GA, TANF, etc. (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
   Head Start
   Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
   Medicaid or Medical Assistance (bring a document that says "MA" or "Medical Assistance" on it)
   The National School Lunch Program's Free or Reduced Lunch Program
   Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Group Residential Housing (GRH)
   Social Security Disability (SSD)
   Supplemental Security Income (SSI)*
   Note: Medicare alone does not work as proof of eligibility.

For households that qualify under the net income test (200% poverty level) the following documentation will be acceptable as part of the application process:*

The prior year's state, federal, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are not acceptable)
   A Social Security statement of benefits*
   A Veteran Administration statement of benefits*
   A retirement/pension statement of benefits*
   An Unemployment/Workmen's Compensation statement of benefits*
   Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
   A divorce decree, child support, or other official document

All proof of eligibility must be dated within the last 6 months (unless it is an annual document, like a tax return), and include the recipient's name printed on the proof. If you have questions about eligibility documentation that is not listed, check with our staff at 651-354-2552 or [email protected].

If you are eligible, you can purchase computers online, or come to one of our offices where computers are available for a donation ranging from $0 to $150.

*Any proof of eligibility is subject to approval by PCs for People staff. Additional documents may be required to unquestioningly prove income or enrollment in government assistance program.

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

yup ...  that is the info ... the service states it is unlimited data with no throttling ... what I did for eligibility was submitted screenshot of part of my social security eligibility letter and used scan app on my phone to scan my drivers license and submitted both ... I ordered the modem and a yr of service ...  so I would not have to submit anything for a yr.  they also have a few other accessories that look interesting on their site ... mine was shipped today ... so should see it soon.  I am going to use it at home ... sine I am not on the road yet ..  going to drop my internet carrier since they raised prices again ...  

Another thing I do to save money is use my old smart phone on wifi  that is not connected to service  to make and receive calls free as well as stream and net surf.  For free calls I use talkatone app ... 

It is amazing how much stuff is out there for saving money ... you have to search  for it ... but it is out there.  I am grateful to my cable company for raising rates to piss me off to get me to cut the cable ... and now my internet provider for making me look for an alternative ...

Got the modem delivery today .... just plugged it in to charge it .. will report back tomorrow ... how the connection is ... states I can connect up to 10 devices through wifi ....  modem is smaller than I expected ...

And here I sit at home still, (with Comcast) and my new van has Sirius.... so I downloaded the Sirius ap and ??? Says my internet (comcast) is too slow for streaming smoothly! $70 a month (Comcast) about to end !

Dr.Jean, it would be interesting to see how fast your connection is at speedtest.net

well .... I set up my new modem ...  so far connected my 2 cell phones ... the one with service  and the one that just runs on wifi,  my computer is now on it as well as my netbook and so are both of my rokus so I can watch all my roku stations ... and amazon prime for movies etc. ...  and send any other streaming from my phone to my TV ...   I have my reg internet unplugged so no access ... so ... looks like I will be cancelling my reg internet provider .....  HOORAY ...   for $10 a month ... seems good ... been using it all day ...

Deal Breaker said:
Spectrum   5.05 / 2.65  $39.95 per month

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Spectrum is what I will cancelling ... my service went from 40 to 69...  the special I signed up for last yr with Bright house ended and spectrum.. who has taken over .. says I am not considered a new account ... ergo price hike after special ended .... but that is ok ... in fact it is great and I am going to thank them for raising the rate ... made me find a great deal for $10[/font]

called and cancelled my internet provider  ... coming to get the equipment on the 21st

Did you ,ake sure to let them know you got better 'net fo $10? you kinow, rub their noses in it? I would lol