In Los Angeles for 3 weeks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz

Reaction score
I am borrowing a buddies apartment in Downtown L.A. until Jan3rd when I will get back on the road and head to the RTR or there about.

I would be interested in meeting up with any van dwellers, full timers, or even locals. I'll be hitting some of the usual tourist spots but would also like to get off of the beaten path since I have some time here.

Hit me up I'm open to suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LaBrea tarpits a must-see. And Petersen Auto Museum is just a block away.

:)

The Nixon Presidential Library is worthwhile. It was built by private money, but is now run by the Feds. Nixon was born on the site, his father's failed lemon grove. In the interim it was an Elementary School which I attended. Mom was President of the PTA in 1974, and an opponent.

Going back, everything seems so much smaller, and so much bigger as well.

One thing I've often found helpful when visiting a new city is to take the "hop-on, hop-off" busses. It's great to get an overview of the area and you can go as many times as you like over a specific time period. Seeing "LA" is a daunting task, but there are 5-6 hop on/off routes you can take and really maximize your time. You get your bearings and it's much less stressful than driving yourself. You can even buy a discount card at Costco.

But...if you are confined to downtown LA, check out the Bradbury building, Grand Central Market, Olvera Street, Union Station (iconic!), the LA Flower Market, the arts district and so much more.

hey Tooley I went to school there too. only for one year they kept building schools closer to home. small world. highdesertranger