I'm So Old I Can Remember...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a house that has a milk chute, and a phone niche.

I didn't grow up with these, but sure enough, I had to find out what they were for.
milk chute (2).jpgphone nische (2).jpg

Attachments

• milk chute (2).jpg
    milk chute (2).jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 5
  • phone nische (2).jpg
    phone nische (2).jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 5
I bought a piece of property that had a burned house on it, it still has the gas lines for the ceiling lights, but just for the first floor.

I remember at every Summer family gathering we would make homemade ice cream, and each of us kids would take turns hand cranking the ice cream freezer, and adding ice/salt to get the right consistency of slush to make it go quicker. We would then add fresh picked strawberries cut into pieces for an added treat.

Old houses are neat in that they remind you of the past. I had one with gas lights, a carriage house and two big pecan trees! Who knew you could get them fresh!

I remember the polio vaccine too. It was the only one that did not involve needles.
It was a little white candy ball. I was 5 .

I remember the sugar cube with the pink dot in it. I Remember IKE. I remember the U2 and the Cuban missile crisis and Dealy Plaza in Dallas. Why can’ I remember where I put my keys? Crap I am old.

So true. Why can I remember the sugar cube and it taking the doctor, nurse and my mother to hold me down for my shots while I yelled “ help they’re trying to kill me!!” Yet on a daily basis I can’t find my keys or other basics. How does that work??

I remember getting a small pox vaccine on my upper thigh...the doctor told my mom the scar would never show because the skirt of a bathing suit would cover it. LOL, then the bikini was invented.

I’m at a Cracker Barrel tonight. Nice of them have a lot for nomads But you really know your old if you know what all those things on the wall of the Cracker Barrel are for or if you remember the brand names on those old signs. I often thought about it with their 500+ stores I would love the job of being the guy who picked up all that stuff at flea markets etc. and then displaying them on the walls.

They had e a big warehouse  in Lebanon  tn about the size  of a Walmart that is full. Lebanon tn is the headquarters for  crakerbarel.

I'm so old, I went to school in Athens, GA, on the very first day that America integrated racially. it was tense. 5th grade.

I'm so old,  I was born when Truman was in the White House. Also, I went to Jefferson Davis Jr. High School :(

I'm so old I can remember...

Women who made a living by acting were called "actresses".

IBM punchcards and 8" floppies. Programs on cassette tape. Dial up internet.

"Police Scanners" needed a crystal for each frequency you wanted to listen to. CBs had 23 channels.

Bob Wells taking part in conversations on this forum!

Guy

gsfish said:
I'm so old I can remember...

Bob Wells taking part in conversations on this forum!

Guy

Haha. You must have been here for years like me! I remember that too!

I bet Bob misses it too. I hope he is able to stay sane while trying to help so many!

I'm so old I can't remember. What was this thread about?

In order to stay sane you have to be sane in the first place. ??? Let’s face it the guy who teaches people all over the planet to poop in a bucket is questionable. But I love him for it.