I won a truck

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Every Road Leads Home

Reaction score
Well, won the auction anyways.  My friend was telling me about an auction site called truckplanet.com.  Come to find out same owners as the govplanet website that auctions off all the military surplus.  Anyways, I created an account and put some bids in on stuff that was close to me.  Didn't even particularly want what I was bidding on, but the bids were really low and the auctions were almost over.

So I get an email two days later saying I won the auction.  I bid $750 on a 2006 GMC Ext Cab Pick up.  Has 150k miles, 2wd, 5.3 liter engine.  It was a DPW truck for the town of Worcester Mass.  Drove it the two hours home and I gotta say I was really impressed with how good it ran.  Steering was tight, brakes work great, smooth as a truck should be.  Exterior has rust on the rockers, frame has typical New England rust,  seats have a few rips but seems perfectly capable of getting from point A to point B  

Don't need it as I have the same truck 7 years newer with 4wd, so gonna put it up for sale on Craigslist.  I'd like to pass the good deal on to someone just getting their license or down on their luck.

Attachments

• 20161230_150621.jpg
    20161230_150621.jpg
    104.8 KB
  • 20161230_150708.jpg
    20161230_150708.jpg
    106.1 KB
ERLH, I have a 2001 standard cab GMC and it too runs great. You got a heck of a deal, Congratulations. Rob

WOW!!! Congrats! You are off to a great New Year, right?!

Hugs!

highdesertranger said:
wow great deal.  how much do you want for it?  highdesertranger

I'm not sure.  Haven't given it too much thought yet.  Waiting for the title in the mail.  Not sure why they mail the titles instead of giving it to you when you pick it up.  Cost me a few hundred to get it home.  Gave my neighbor who's out of work 150 bucks to give me the ride to pick it up, 4 hr round trip and I filled his tank.  Then see what fees I have to get title in my name.  Probably just looking to recoop whatever I have into it plus a few bucks for my time.  

Offered it to anyone in my family that wants it, but no one seemed super interested.  Actually was a bit surprised, they're always looking for cheap vehicles.

gsfish said:
That's a Hell of a start on 2017!!

I'll see everyone over on truckplanet.com!

Guy

Ha,  
       of course ive been looking everyday since I won this, but not much in my area right now.  If you look through all the sold items, some nice stuff goes for really cheap.

Well since you have this new play pretty may I have your old one?  :D

Queenie

WOW!!!! You are the winner!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, I'd buy that off you in a snap, it'd pull my trailer so easy, I wonder what Texas would chrge me to import it?
I'ma have to get on truck planet, or try to, when I tried gov, it supposedly set me up, but with a password I don't know, and the 800# you call if you have problems doesn't get answered and they don't call back

OK something is wrong here, site won't allow me to sign up

Lucky lightning sure struck you Matt!
Nice plan on passing it on.

Congrats Matt, that's a smokin deal....

Have you ever checked out www.copart.com ? It's the world's largest online auto auction with over 5000 vehicles sold per day. Much but not all of it is salvage auto from insurance companies. You can select by category, pretty interesting....

Thanks guys, I just spent about 2 hours on those sites!

I really want to get a F250 / F350 to tow my trailer.  My old F150 is just getting tossed around by the trailer whenever any wind kicks up or any vehicles larger than a sedan pass me.

Congrats on winning the truck, maybe I'll gamble on one of those sites too!

It's pretty wet here today but I threw a piece of cardboard on the ground and crawled underneath. It's pretty RUSTY under there. Even for a New England vehicle. Guessing that's why the auction price started so low. I'll take some pictures when it's not raining and share them.