I Could Fly the Coop in this Avion!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoever wrote that ad was obviously not a mechanic !

My 9MPG was on BIG 29' class A , almost 16 tons.
The 12mpg on the Avion is believable , the 440 would basically be at idle most of the time.

The thing that makes that engine a "drag engine" is the ability of the 4bbl carb to push large amounts of fuel into it.

In a boat it would have 2 uses , 1 propulsion , 2 mooring anchor... ;) ...............

The price is probably because of the name Avion.
I don't doubt it will sell fast.

Charlotte\ said:
Until my place is marketable & closes escrow, I'm not sure what sort of rig I will choose.  But I am decidedly fond of the quirky & unusual, so long as parts can be had.  Etc., etc.

The sight of this beauty made my heart pound.  *Just*  the sort of thing I could fall for.  This would be a good engine, I think.  Your thoughts? 

rolleyes.gif
Charlotte

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/d/rare-classic-1976-avion/6280496539.html

That motorhome is going to be a real head turner for sure. I love the look!

Despite some predictions that this remarkable Avion motorhome would sell quickly, it is back on CL SF Bay Area.
The asking price has dropped from $12,500 to $10,000.   Sadly, I've no dough available at this time, but if I did I would be sorely tempted by this beauty.  What can I say?  She speaks to me...

I wanted to edit my original post in this thread to include the new URL for CL ad, but found no option to do so.
Here is the URL for the current CL listing:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/rvs/d/rare-classic-1976-avion/6309801064.html

Never have I seen more features & natural light packed into 23 feet of space!  I love this old rig!
heart.gif
Charlotte

LilNomad -Airstreamer here. If the Avion speaks to you go for it! Make the owner an offer of payments..for example you said it was just listed at a lower price..have it inspected..if it passes inspection choose a price in the middle, put 1/2 down and offer to pay the other 1/2 in whatever time you determine. If its meant for you to have it will be yours. Avion is Airstreams cousin. Hi Cousin hehe. :D
Go for it.
Good Luck
LilNomad

rvpopeye said:
Whoever wrote that ad was obviously not a mechanic !

My 9MPG was on  BIG 29' class A , almost 16 tons.

You aint right!

16 thousand pounds most likely...which is 8 tons.

But!!! This reminds me!   :p

[video=youtube]

LilNomad said:
...If its meant for you to have it will be yours. Avion is Airstreams cousin. Go for it.  Good Luck

smile.gif
 Thanks for your good energy/support!  As I downsize/prepare my country place for sale ever more repair expenses come up.  (I  *should*  ignore CL until I am truly ready to find my rig, thus avoiding heartbreak...)

Truly, I will be better served by a truck & TT, which offers more options for my future plans.  BTW, you offered advice on Airstreams via PM--& while I appreciate it, I don't use email.  Also, your ownership/experience advice with Airstreams would be welcome to all who read the Airstream thread. 

Hope you will continue to contribute.

Cheers,
Charlotte