Howdy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildernesstripper

Reaction score
Greetings, I am excited to be part of the Vadweller community. I have a 2000 astro cargo van that I have been working on for a trip out west I live in wiscosin on the Mississippi. And as things have turned out I have found myself without a home (divorce issues). So now it's the van life for me. I am a teacher so am waiting for summer to get on the road!

I was wondering I'd like to find someone to share the cost of gas etc on a trip to yellowstone, tetons, glacier and rushmore. What's a good way to hook up with others? I have friends but they have stable family lifes which can't be interrupted by extended road trips like I plan and the Van life offers freedom to those who are not "scared" with too much freedom.

I am a canoe camper and have been use to long extended stays living out of a canoe but there are things you can't see from a canoe. So now the van.

thanks VanDweller Community for letting me join up!!

David

Well, there's Craigslist.....:s

Most folks these days are a lot more wary, so good luck. How about another teacher who also has the summer off?

Sharing an Astro van doesn't sound like much fun unless you will be mostly tent camping or staying at motels.

PS: Welcome to the forum!

Welcome wildernesstripper. When one door closes another always opens. Just think of the possibilities!

yeah, I'd think another teacher (especially of the opposite sex) would be the perfect road companion.

I'm sure there are 'teacher' specific forums out there you could post the idea on.

but in the meantime...Welcome to this forum!!

This is a wonderful resource for information on the traveling/mobile lifestyle.

(oh, and I'm originally from the Fox Valley!) :D

Patrick from the Oregon Coastline.

Wildernesstripper,
I worked on the WI side of the Mississippi for a year drawing jobs for a telephone company (TDS). That is some of the prettiest country I've ever seen. nice little towns down on the river. Breathtaking views. Just beautiful.

Thanks to everyone who responded I feel welcomed into the van cheap liviong community.

Hi, this is salar. I am a student. I am doing my Bsc. and also preparing for government jobs.

Love the name, is it meant as wilderness stripper or wilderness tripper? Anyway when spring gets a little warmer get your butt on the road, you will love it low humidity gentle breezes and plenty of canoe space.

Latest posts