Howdy from Ocala

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukwessl

Reaction score
Greetings, interesting discussion and tips and insights are what brought me here.
Previously in 2014 I built out a Promaster diesel with grand plans to travel. I learned a lot from that - good and otherwise.
I am getting the urge to plan another one from a stepvan.
Thanks for having me and keep the good ideas going.

Welcome to the Van Living Forum :)

Many members have gone in the direction of a Step Van build out. I've even considered a Step Van a little larger than my high top extend Ford E 350. I don't know if I'd go with a diesel engine or not but definitely an aluminum body vehicle. Also with a hood that makes the engine easily serviceable. A smaller version perhaps 16 ft of this FedX

2cdfeb64-7123-4153-a915-7bd4bf95aa01.jpg

Welcome to the Van Living Forum :)

Many members have gone in the direction of a Step Van build out. I've even considered a Step Van a little larger than my high top extend Ford E 350. I don't know if I'd go with a diesel engine or not but definitely an aluminum body vehicle. Also with a hood that makes the engine easily serviceable. A smaller version perhaps 16 ft of this FedX

2cdfeb64-7123-4153-a915-7bd4bf95aa01.jpg
I agree. A hood, accessable engine compartment, spacious SQUARE cube with very little to drill blindly through.
I'm done with diesel engines. Way too difficult to find qualified reasonably priced mechanics. Diesel repair ended up being the reason to stop two otherwise good vehicles. I now don't need the towing capacity and at some point, the equation of more MPG at the cost doesn't make diesel a viable alternative.
Good luck with your endeavors. Looking and thinking is half the fun anyway!

I do like many of the step van conversions I have seen in videos. That or a small box truck would be fun to have. But I have a functional setup I like so I will just enjoy what I have while still enjoying what other people are working on.