Howdy Folks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelinFam

Reaction score
Hello All!

Stumbled across this gem of a site just hours ago and I gotta say, somehow I just know this is solid community of really great people. 

Speaking of, let me introduce us. There's me, Dan, my lovely fiancé Courtney, our seven day old son Dacoda, and our fur baby, Tiki, a smooth coat border collie. 

Brief background and what brings us here: 

We are just now beginning to recover from around 9months(ironically) of not really knowing where we would be living the next month. All I will say is be sure you know your roommates well before you move in and sign a lease, even if you really think you know them. But that aside, the pregnancy was thankfully virtually problem free and our precious son was born with no complications :)

All that to say, roommates, let alone rent $$$ these days, are just truly no longer an option. 

We have decided to move into a 29' 1981 Itasca  Sunflyer and have already financially invested the little we have into it. The owners are a life long friend's  in laws and the fact that they are willing to not only give us such a great deal but go over every little detail about theRV, is overwhelming. Immaculately kept and everything works with astonishing response. 60,xxx miles. I could go on for hours about the great features and how well maintained it is. Needless to say we are very excited!!

We are getting close to move in day and our last big worry is finding a place to park near enough to my job... 

Agreed should have been our first worry:/

We are in the Portland, Oregon area. I work in Tigard. 

Also, this would be my first post ever on any thread.. hopefully not too far off the mark!

Welcome, Sounds like great possibilities ahead:)

Welcome to the CRVL forums Dan! Congratulations to you and Courtney on the birth of your son! It sounds like the RV will be a nice home for all of you. Hope everything works out - keep us updated!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome and congratulations, Dan and Courtney! Will you have a different vehicle to drive to work in? Have you checked out freecampsites.net?

Welcome aboard !
You did just fine .
This will probably be a way easier life than dealing with unreliable roommates!
But then again you just got welcomed by the first member of the I Ain't Right Club .........................

Welcome to you and your family. Don't hesitate to ask questions, there are many reliable sources here.

Popeye was being modest, he was the founder of The You Ain't Right Club and the duly elected President.

He's also very helpful and knowledgeable.

Rob

TravelinFam said:
Hello All!
<-------->
We are in the Portland, Oregon area.

I understand Oregon has more empathy towards vehicle dwellers? Maybe you can find a place to park close?
Anyway, Welcome to the forums. :)

Hello Dan...welcome...and congrats on the new arrival.

My best suggestion would be to seek out an RV park with monthly rates -- something along I5 near your job.  I did a quick search, and here are a couple of options:

http://roamersrestrvpark.com/
http://www.pheasantridge.com/index.html

Admittedly, they may be beyond your budget at around $500/month.  Still, you would be close to work (Tualatin, Wilsonville).  

Best of luck to you and your family and I hope you will keep us updated on your progress!

Welcoime! don't know jack about Portland, so I'm really no help, but welcome anyway

My gosh.. was I right ot what!?

Thank you all so much for the most warm and very welcoming greeting :)

I look forward to all that will be shared and already has been!

Also I must apologize if I don't reply immediately!! evenings are usually free. well, that's definitely debatable but I would have more time for writing then... Multitasking is a fathers true superpower haha.

Again thankyou all for such a warm welcome!! Feels great to be here and hopefully we emit the same warm friendliness in return!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

-Dan

Latest posts