how to remove seat riser

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bj john

Reaction score
I have a 95 gmc vandura and cannot find anyway to remove the seat risers.can anyone help,thank you.BJ

Worst case, sawsall with a metal cutting blade!

Corky

No idea really, shot in the dark is remove seat and look for any bolts attaching it to the seat.

They might have studs that go through the floor with nuts on the underside.

Cry said:
No idea really, shot in the dark is remove seat and look for any bolts attaching it to the seat.

I just reread this and realize it makes no sense lol. Are you able to remove the whole seat and then look under the seat for bolts that attach the riser? Hopefully that makes more sense.

Most full size van seats use fur bolts to mount the riser to the floor, and the seat to the riser. Removing the seat first will give you room to see and work on the lower bolts. If rusted you may need to cut or grind them off. Be careful of the gas tanks beneath the left side!

Lee what are fur bolts? I googled the term but only received hits for animal fur.

When I removed my passenger seat from my full size van, I removed the seat first. That gave me access to the threaded bolts that held the riser to the floor. Mine was pretty easy except one bolt that wouldn't budge.