How many pairs of shoes do you keep in your van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreadHeadDrifter

Reaction score
I am curious to see how lightly some of the people on here travel, how many pairs of shoes do you keep in your van?

1 pr Combat/Hiking boots. 1 pr Deck Shoes. 1 pr Dress Shoes. 1 pr sneakers. 1 pr Flip Flops(which I wear 50% of the time lol). So, 5 pair.

Heavy boots for hiking or motorcycling.  Slip on leather shoes for GP and driving.  Light slippers for around camp and walking to the loo.

Not in a van... 1 pair hiking boots. 1 pair flip flops. 1 pair of bedroom slippers. On my last day of working at Home Depot, I came home and tossed the hiking sneakers I wore there in the trash. I think I may have one pair of shoes too many. I might toss my bedroom slippers.

Shoes are evil.

2 pairs of deck shoes, 1 pair of cold weather boots, 1 pair of slippers.

Wear flip flops most of the time, year round. Have Crocs and sneakers too.
Margie wears Tevas and has sneakers.
We both have cheapo flip flops in our shower bag.

3 pairs of boots, 1 pair of teva sandals, if I am going to be riding my cowboy boots. since I wear 14+ shoes for me are hard to find and expensive. therefore no athletic/tennis shoes, and my dress shoes are my best pair of boots cleaned up. highdesertranger

Sandals, chuck taylors, hiking boots, vans skate shoes and some slippers. I make room for some comfort.

Slippers, hikers, GP leather slip on, and motorcycle boots.  I don't wear a dress so I don't need dress shoes.

1) keen Sandals
2) Vasque light hikers
3) Bedroom Slippers
4) Down booties

Not with me but in storage with the trailer:
5) Bunny boots

Bob

For Brian we carry 1 pair 'performance' (cowboy) boots, I pair hiking boots, I pair of sandals, and one pair of slippers - moccasin style.

For me, we carry three pairs 'performance' sandals, I pair regular open-toed sandals, and I pair of slippers - moccasin style.

We both prefer bare feet inside our RV. Since I don't (can't) walk more than a few steps several times a day, I'd say that I have bare feet probably 20 hours a day.

We're in a 28' Class A, not a van, so we have a bit more room, I should think.

Shabbat Shalom,

Jesse.

sneakers, trail sandals, slip on cloth loafers. i tossed dress shoes, may replace with hiking boots

Freewater flip-flops, sandals, tennis shoes, work boots and shower shoes.
I wear the flip-flops all the time and sandals if I'm doing semi-serious walking. The tennis shoes are for when I go into the brambles or need to wear closed toed shoes. Work boots & shower shoes as needed.

what about Gumboots I can't live without rubber boots, I wear these a lot. they are always at the door for morning dew, peeing in the middle of the night, or rainy days. I also have two pairs of jandels (flip-flops), a pair of rubber sandals, a pair of leather sandals, walking shoes, hiking boots and work boots. so 7 all up.

Four. Two pairs of hiking shoes, one pair of sandals and one pair of plastic clogs.

well I forgot 1 pair. if I am going diving I carry my wet suit boots. these aren't the bootie type they are like boots with the uppers made out neoprene. highdesertranger

Steelcap work boots, Steelcap gumboots, sneakers and jandals (flip-flops)