How long does it take for Walmart to deliver things for In-Store Pickup?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now, I know this will vary widely. But I also know I can't trust what Walmart says (so I haven't even asked).

I have been putting off ordering lots of the stuff I will need for BLM boondocking till just about the last minute. Mostly because I know my life has a way of changing my plans. But also due to anxiety in pulling that trigger. So, I am planning to pull that trigger now. I want to be able to be at Enigmatic Nomadic's Van Build Party by November 1st so I can help people build out their vans. (I've got plenty of tools, and pretty good mechanical, electrical, & woodworking skills.)

So, now I am trying to figure out the best way to get all my stuff in relatively short order. Do I pay for Amazon prime and then order all my stuff through Amazon (Using Bob Well's affiliate links, of course)? Or should I order a lot of it through Walmart and have it delivered to a Walmart in Flagstaff (which is where I will get all my solar stuff, per Bob's recent video)?

I know lots of people here recommend for us to order from Walmart.com and have it delivered to a store along our routes. But, if it takes forever to get there, or lots of stuff shows up late, that can be a problem.

So, I am asking what has your experience been. Does it usually take about a week? Two weeks? "Who knows, it could be a month"?

I'm not really interested in speculation. I just want to know what your actual experiences have been.

Thanks,
CC

There is a Walmart in Parker which might work better if you are planning on being there a while. Also another in Lake Havasu City which has plenty of BLM camping and isn't that far away. There is a Home Depot in Havasu that will accept store orded shipments as well.

When I last ordered anything and they said 4 days, it was there in the 4 days.

But I only ordered 1 item so it wasn't like they were putting together a complicated shipment.

I've ordered plenty of stuff through Walmart and everything arrived in a reasonable time

I have only made three ship to store orders. All three times they came in a day earlier than promised.

it depends on what you order and if the warehouse stocks it. Wal-Mart doesn't stock everything they sell online. highdesertranger

Similar to Amazon, Walmart has some third party affiliates who sell thru the company website. 

In your search for items, you can filter out those third party vendors...and often you will get more reliable service, and in the event the item is defective or simply not what you needed, you can easily return it to the store in most cases...(some items aren't returnable as is the case with other online retailers).

The vast logistics and distribution center network means its usually only a few days from click to pick-up, especially if you order the Walmart stock items.

"DOT.COM" is printed in bold print on the shipping papers when any of the Walmart trailers (inbound to a store) have online items in the trailer, so these items come off the trailer and are expedited to the pickup area.

In other words, it's usually fairly quick.

bullfrog said:
There is a Walmart in Parker which might work better if you are planning on being there a while.  Also another in Lake Havasu City which has plenty of BLM camping and isn't that far away.  There is a Home Depot in Havasu that will accept store orded shipments as well.

Parker is good. That is where the Build Party is, I'm pretty sure. I will be there about two weeks. So, if I can order things with enough lead time such that they will most likely be there at the start of that two weeks, (November 1) then, if they are late, there is an extra two week window. 

Thanks

Latest posts