How I Became a Vagabond

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

.......and now I've finally reached the conclusion of the first leg of this journey. It is to show the relevance and importance of God irrespective of ancient religious philosophies in terms of the Human Condition:

"God as an Imaginary Number: an Engineered Reality or to be dismissed for lack of evidence?"

Intro: Define i; (As you read; Think 'i' as synonymous with "god"). i = square root of -1 see pik above. It essential you understand the meaning of 'i' as mathematically an imaginary number. If the picture and short dialogue above is not helpful you might want to google 'imaginary number' to getr a more in depth understanding otherwise the significance of my following little dissertation will be completely lost. Thanx. Enjoy!

The first record of anyone working with i dates back about 2000 years to Heron of Alexandria in 50AD but he deemed trying to solve equations involving i as impossible & gave up. Others around that time tried to define i as well but they too soon gave up and then it was a really, really long time before anyone ever tried to manipulate i again.

In 1545, Girolama Cardano tried solving equations involving i but he greatly disliked i and he wrote that working with i was “as subtle as it was useless” and he also referred to working with problems involving i as a “kind of mental torture” – most people agreed. Albert Girard, for example called i “an impossible solution”. Rene Descarte, in 1637 came up with a standard math form for i but he didn’t like i either referring to it sarcastically as ‘imaginary’ and assumed that if one used i you would be unable to solve your problem. Isaac Newton agreed with Descarte; hating the idea of i & dismissed i as at best a form of whimsy. 

So while some of the greatest mathematical & scientific minds in history have hated the idea of i that didn’t mean, however, that they could stop others from believing that i might exist. The Italian mathematician Rafael Bombelli for example, was a firm believer in i; but because he didn’t quite know what to do with i he mostly was not taken seriously about i. Then one day Bombelli had what people today would call a really wild idea – he found that you could use i to get real number (real world) answers. This is known as mathematical conjugation.

Over the decades then, more & more people began to believe that i existed and they tried to make i understood and accepted. One way they found to do this was to plot i on a graph. John Wallis, in 1685 was the first to try this but he was ignored. A century later Casper Wessel & Leonard Euler separately wrote papers about how to plot i but they too were mostly ignored. In 1806, Jean Robert Argand showed how to use i in a graph and today we call this an Argand Diagram and in 1831, Carl Gauss used an Argand Diagram to make i popular with many mathematicians. It took all of these people working together over time to get the scientific community to accept and see some value for i.

i then was created because people simply needed it & today i is very useful to the world. Engineers use i to study beam stresses and wave resonance. i is used in the fields of hydraulics and hydrology to study fluid dynamics thru pipes and around objects as in oceanic current flow around the continents. Quantum mechanics & electromagnetism depend on calculations using i and when engineers design aircraft wings i is vital to their calculations. Electrical engineers use i in the development of all of today’s electrical technology – cell phones, laptops, computers, medical diagnostic equip. as well as communication, defense, weather & gps satellites; just to mention some. Geodetic & geologic studies – volcanism & earthquake studies as well as the search for minerals vital to our modern cultures involve analysis of data using equations that need i. Today’s modern technology with which our civilization depends would not exist if it were not for designs mathematically created utilizing calculations with i.

i then has many uses - more than we’ll ever realize and i has a fascinating history, full of some mathematicians & scientists not believing in i and others desperately trying to prove the existence of i. Many of these people brought together as much evidence as possible that i exists and we have them to thank today that we can use i whenever we please, without ever being questioned about it. (let simile sink in & elaborate; god v man; i/ as abstract invented tool not been applied properly by human structures; many do not ‘get’ math or science, physics, engineering, etc. hence can’t appreciate i or god as a possible useful tool; therefore should either be dismissed???) You must answer this for yourself.

Thanx...............INTJohn
to b cont.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9
First leg of journey accomplished pretty much safe & sound with a minimum of interference and only a couple minor bumps in the weather that the powers that b delivered in fair weather fashion.

Will be at this harbor for the foreseeable future; taking on new provisions; enjoying a well deserved rest. Like all sailers with an unlimited 'shore leave' will engage with wharf side locals in frivolous & meaningless conversation regarding matters of drunken debauchery.

image.jpg

As always, enjoying company & conversation with great looking beach front girls on board being a premium best!!

INTJohn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 60
[quote pid='264371' dateline='1487396417']
"Now these events that are so ghastly to most Americans who have never known Combat, have for me been a great Gift:
War taught me more about Life than it ever did Death, it taught me more about courage & sacrifice than it ever did selfishness & cowardice; it taught me more about kindness than it ever did meanness and taught me way way more about Love than it ever did Hate. For a brash, very very tough young man these were lessons not learned easily nor without great discomfort but they are for me today an experience for which I am profoundly grateful. "
[/quote]

Well said brother....... well said. Everyone gets changed by combat, some of us for the better!
Retired 91B(S)/18D here, worked Latin America with 7th SFG(A) drop me a line if interested. I'm guessing you were with 5th working with the Yards? I owe my life, many times over, to some "little brown guys" and would gladly do the same for them.
Happy Trails!
Chuck

Thanx..........bro;
Actually I was a PJ mostly out of NKP (Naked Fanny) Thailand; our primary mission was to go after downed pilots but worked a lot too with the 46th brigade in support of the 'road watch' teams into Laos & Cambodia. haha

Some with the Yards but mostly the Lima Sites with the Hmong........ When I wasn't on alert I'd jump on a slick and help out at the Lima Site dispensaries. When I was on alert and not in the air, I generally was sleeping on the tarmac on my pack or medic bag under the 53 waiting to get kikt awake to the sound of music: " grab ur shit, its time to git". haha  

John

gargoyle said:
INTJohn said:
At this point it may be best to put a hold on anymore verbage and let 1 picture tell a thousand words:

Duck Lake?

Since you chose to write instead of meditate, you still owe me 998 words.  :p

jez sayin................INTjohn

I've survived another cross continental human endeavor; have emerged from another darkened cave but am now again setteld into a sunny desert spa. Will continue this literary odesy while I have dessert in the desert as my eyes become adjusted from the darkened cave I've spent so many months with to this bright desert sunlight.............

Thanx to all...............INTJohn

I've spent the last 18 months, frankly in raucous, decadent, disrespectful bad boy behavior to put it mildly and am completely unapologetic about all of it.
But first.......
A special thanx to the following: Lisa & Ray Lynn, Dawn (SPI), Kenzie & Maddie - my Lake Michigan Identical Twins, Ashley & Alexia - my San Diego Identical Twins,

Bree - you will always be special to me and was nice to meet someone with such a clear & beautiful heart, a person so in love with Love! The man in your life is perfect for such a beauty as you.
Paige, Cassie & Amber - your week at Electric Forest just cracked me up!
Allyssa & Mora - GoBlue! East Quad but I was North Campus, hahah!
.........and can't forget the boyz: Matt, Ryan, Sean, Rico, Hammer, J-Bird, Steve The Body Guard and "Hollywood"(Dude! I recognised you & know who you are! Haha ) wha ever.
Jason & Nikki - Diego
.......and I'll never forget, Jamie, Marabelle & Maranda(you remind me of Sophia Loren!)- will see all of you agains a few months! Folly Beach rocks! Brad? Can you hear me?

Gawd such great young people was my pleasure to have met all of you. Great ideas, times thoughts & conversations, Your goals & visions, dreams. Great examples as to why I love hangin around young people working on your degrees, educations, livin Lyfe! & POSITIVE VIBES forever! Don't let the old fux around my age drag you down cause man they will if you let them - its why I don't hang around any of them and prefer peeps like yoooz! (We all know - jeesh; most of them bitch about their kids, grandkids, their 'ailments', their Social Security and the price of their meds!!) Not ME!

Will never forget any of you & thanx for "John, You are most definately the coolest oledude we've ever met!"
Thyanx to all of you I'll stay forever young; I'll always remain one of Peter Pans Lost Boyz..............
.......and now its time once again to wander the Ocean and see what I discover!
INTJohn

Gota reference a few changes & elaborations to date before I take off on those "thought journeys" I go on; trying to answer all of those ideas re 'The Meaning of Life"; or "The Non-Meaning of Anything/Nothing/ Everything.
Logistical sensory concrete things that most people care about cause thats all they talk about; Logistics, Tradition, Concrete, 'down to earth', Outward Sensory Experience - this how/what most people function, I get that but its not how I function(I live in my head) and those that function in a Sensory concrete fashion vs my Introverted Intuitve way just always fail to connect and most don't 'get that, cause well they're only way is Sensory & concrete. I might elaborate on this sometime at a much later date but first those 'changes'.

I've basically been liven out of my pick up truck now for awhile even tho I still have the Shockwave mentioned in one of the first posts. I leave the trailer at my lil woodsy spot in Michigan till it gets cold and time to head toward North Carolina, generally late Octoberish after the leaves fall, and use the trailer mostly for a place to crash. Everything else I do from the truck now. Don't even need the trailer at all and I might sell it but its paid for & I'm hardly desperate.

So here's how I've got the truck set up: '15 F-250 4x4. Utility truck white in color (stealth man stealth)
ARE white Commercial grade topper with 4 point ladder rack; full length side doors with black tint windows & also black tint windows on the rear door.

4'x8'x 5/8" Ply wood painted white both sides screwed down on the ladder rack. Installed a 20 gallon water tank up on top & front of rack so basically sits mid truck. Tank is enclosed in a playwood case(painted white) with top door opening - hinges obviously to front. Valves & hoses to passenger side.

My truck has an 8 foot box Regular cab - I wouldn't own anything but in a pickup truck. I'm about 6'1" (183 cm's or so for the rest of the non murahkin wurl) so I gotta have a lil room. On that box I've put the Truck cover/shell/topper whatever you care to call it. Mine is an ARE DCU commercial grade aluminum topper/shell the roof of which sits about 4" higher than the truck cab. From the truck box bed to the topper roof is 48" - 4 feet. Generally plenty of headroom for me. Now I prefer a commercial grade aluminum shell vs the fiberglass ones mainly because its made with a 1" aluminum frame that equates to stud framing in a house. You can mount stuff to it and it gives the ability to stow gear in a more orderly, efficient fashion by utilizing the upraised space. It also has full length side doors that open for breezy air and/or access from outside. Windows - black shaded on side & rear doors as well. Had a boat canvas place make snap in screens for them too - keep the bugs out. I purchased this shell/topper from Craigslist, used for 600$. Its about a 2800$ topper brand new and it also has a 4 point ladder rack up on top. (Most are 3). Looks great and compliments the truck nicely for when I 'go STEALTH'.

Next is insulation - I lined the shell with Reflectix insulation. Stuff is the best. Easy to work with and keeps the heat & cold out and keeps the heat & cold in however way you are a needing it to be. I used Velcro tape to hold some of it in place (ceiling) but much stays in place solely due to friction & pressure - if you cut it right. Also you must have some for the windows - first it keeps the sunlight out so you don't Greenhouse Effect the inside of the shell area and it also keeps the police from shining a light thru your window and seeing you crashed in the back while you're STEALTH.

I built a wood frame that is 10" off the truck bed floor for the mattress - dimensions are about 32" x 83" I think. Underneath is where I store the portable solar panel ( to the rear for easy access when the truck tail gate is open) and up front other stuff. This frame abuts the driver's side of the bed. Up front is storage and I've mounted a 13.5" shelf that is the height of the joint where the topper/shell meet the truck box rails again up front. I also mounted an old military 106mm recoiled rifle wooden ammo crate upfront on 'the wall' which i basically use as 'the kitchen cupboard/cabinet'.

At least 2, sometimes 3 of the 3 gallon water jugs......
Port potti for obvious reasons. Public bathrooms are just absolutely disgusting to me so I bring my shitter with me. Also I have an improvised urinal for when i just gota go No 1(aks me).
A 12 volt Whynter 1.5 cubic foot (45qt?)refridgerator. This is a true refridgerator not an electric cooler which to me are just junk. You'll want some kind of a 12 volt true fridge/freezer.
30lb propane tank - used for cooking & heat (if it gets cold) and a single burner propane cook stove which doubles for heat. Now its important that if you use this thing for heat while sleeping you use some common sense so you don't set the place on fire and so you don't gas your fuking self to death - DARWIN AWARD! My pickup truck isn't an issue as there is about a half inch unseen gap between the rear topper door where it meets the top of the tail gate. This provides about 30 square inches for ventilation which is more than enough. Also CO2 is heavier than air so it finds its way out of the area at the 1/8th inch gap at the bottom of the tailgate. Vans are different as they are sealed up pretty good so you'll need to open a vent or a window or something. Also install a 15 or 20 $ CO2 detector in the place for fuking sake - its cheap & safe!!

At this point its time to address - How do you shower, take a bath, etc?? I mean damn I know you're solitary introvert and you can like live forever and never bathe but eh????? This answer is actually really simple and I have 2 choices - options man options. First I have a solar shower made by Advanced Elements - 35$ or so; The 5 gallon model. I hardly ever fill it the full 5 gallons - 3 gallons is plenty for 1 person and the sun will heat 3 gallons qwiker than 5 - GEE! Option number 2 is Planet fitness club membership at 24 hour fitness or equivalent - like 20$ a month or so. Open 24 hours all over murahca - yeah!its nationwide! so you can stop and get pooft & doosht whenever you want.

tunes - I took the blue tooth stereo outa the trailer and mounted it high up front & still have my loving j-150 deep cell Trojan.
Ok enuff writing for awhile even tho I'm feeling so effing sociable...........INTJohn

Since I'm currently in Michigan near Lake Michigan, I might as well get this outa the way:

This post is about my spot in West Michigan that I use for my Base Camp. It is a small approximately 0.6 of an acre (100' x 250') parcel of wooded/wilderness property that I actually OWN; have a legal & valid title to aforementioned & described piece of Natural Pantheistic Heaven. It is on a paved wilderness road surrounded by a combination of Manistee National Forest; Michigan State Forest and a large tract of private wilderness property. It just happens to be located in a corner of where these 3 different tracts all come together and I got it for 400$ - not a typo - 400$!

How did I aquire it? Well once I made the decision to live off grid few years back I began the process of finding a small inexpensive suitable place where I could hang. I didn't want to park it on National Forest Property and have to keep moving every 2 weex and there was NO EFFING WAY I was going to spend any time in a Campground at 500 to 1000 dollars a month and be surrounded by vacationers - idyut people with screaming kids & yapping dogs that entire suburban world that is just in rv's! - this would have been a qwik trip to prison for me and the only bars I like pour alcohol. I started looking around for some places that were for sale, etc. CHEAP! and remembered this particular isolated vacant parcel of land, the existence of which I had discovered years earlier while researching some deeds for a client.

Now at only 0.6 of an acre it did not meet current modern local zoning ordinance minimum size for a structured/home buildable parcel as it is a 1 acre minimum limit. PERFECT I thought. Only thing its good for is camping on! So who owns it?? So I can approach them about buying it! I get on the computer & dig into the County's Land records and it comes back that The County Treasurer is the legal owner! VOILA! How did the county acquire it? For back taxes!! The previous owner had simply quit paying the taxes on it and it reverted back to Local Governemnt ownership. Now once a year the County is required at Public Auction to sell off any land it has acquired from delinquent taxes so I find out when the Auction is; what the minimum bid is on this parcel blah blah blah so I can bid on this piece and get it...........

In the mean time I'm interested in the history on this parcel as in WHY did the previous owner just simply let this go back to The Gov. The taxes on it were EXTREMELY minimal as in like 25$ YES NOT A TYPO - twenty-five dollars a year. Gawd any1 can pay that Y just essentially give it back to The Gov?????? Y not sell it for at least a couple/few thousand bux? This MAKES NO SENSE INTJohny - I'm saying to myself. WTF is the deal?

The short story answer is this: The guy that owned it had it given to him by his parents years preev. This guy had never married or had any children or siblings. He did in fact have some really distant relatives like 2nd or 3rd cousins etc none of which had any close connections to him and anyway, one day he decides he's had enough of the conscious lifestyle and he hangs himself from this big oak tree thats growing on this parcel. In contacting the local Township Zoning Administrater (who was a retired deputy sherriff) he gave me the entire story about how they estimated he's been hanging there for about 3 days before anyone even discovered the swinging body! Blah blah blah.

So I get the parcel at Auction for 400$ - yes four hundred bux! Anyway it was a well timed albeit inadvertent gesture on the previous owners part as it worked out great for me!

More on the way as yes! I'm feeling so effing sociable.........INTJohny Luszha

I'm back at my West Michigan hang near Lake Michigan now and have been since April first - see previous post as thats my current location & gottalotta ketchin up to do from when I left Michigan end of last October to now.

Will get with it shortly..............

Since I've left off with a description of where I'm at here in West Michigan, I'll add a couple pix of the place. I refer to my spot here as either Kamp Jonny Koon or Kamp Koon so now ur in the loop. Haha.

IMG_0782.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 22
IMG_0740.PNG

Here's frum google maps satellite aerial. Its open over the trailer & truck cawz years back I cut some popple trees down to open the canopy so the sun could hit my solar panels and then the trees doubled as kampfire wood........

Attachments

• IMG_0740.PNG
    IMG_0740.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 19
A $400 parcel with "history", and a place to shelter from the storm. Way to go, john, :). I need to read this whole thread now. Looking forward to your recent exploits.

Winter 19-20 Introduction:
Ok, backing up to when I left Kamp Jonny Koon end of Oct. '19 these posts on my winter 19-20 geographic wanderings are a collection based upon my notes, pix & memory. As has been the case for years now, the destination has always been San Diego tho this past winter diego wasn't the goal like in years past. Truth is I've spent last 12 winters in SoCal - San Diego area and I was actually bored with the place. Talk about major league First World Problem: yep, bored with San Diego and in fact I never did make it to SoCal; having never got passed South Padre Island near Brownsville, Tx.

I had never spent any time really stealth truck wandering around Florida, Atlantic Coast or the Gulf much so that was really the place I wanted to hang & do my fulltime Jonny Truck Trash livin for Winter 19-20. My daughter is an Internal Med physician living in North Carolina so visiting her was a planned stop and then I have an old war buddy living in South Carolina and he & I get together frum time 2 time somewhere and laugh/embellish about "The War": "The older we get; The better we were" kinda thing; so that was a planned stop, too, partying like young troops on a 3 day pass even tho we're - well gettin up thar.........

Other than that, there wasn't any plan except to hang out at a nice warm beach, visit a beach bar from time to time and find a nice spot to crash in the truck and thats what I pretty much did. Contrary to much negative internet data on stealth vehicle living in Florida I found it quite easy and in the 3 months or so I spent bouncing around the Florida coast from North of Jacksonville, to the Keys twice and up & around the Gulf coast to Alabam I had ZERO issues anywhere anytime parking my truck somewhere to sleep for the night including The Keys.

REPEAT: Florida is in my opinion as easy & safe a place to vehicle stealth live as anywhere, anyplace I've been. To be cont. 
INTJonny Luzsha

After leaving West Michigan (near Lake Michigan) I set out for Virginia Beach, va on my way to NC which is where my daughter lives. The weather was on its way to COLD with snow in the forecast for Michigan and I "escaped" 2 days ahead of it. Slept night number 1 in the parking lot of the large casino just south of Columbus, Oh.

Woke up in the morn made coffee and after my usual bowl of raisin bran for breakfast I hit the road toward Va Beech. Weather was not the best there upon arrival; windy and no where near as warm as I hoped spent one night and next day did some beach recon for part of the day and continued on toward NC. I did find some beach spots in the VABeech area tho and I logged them for future reference.

Entered into NC at Nags Head & Kitty Hawk area & spent a few hours where the Wright bros. made the first flight. I moseyed along and arrived at my daughter & son n law's about 8pm that eve. Hung out there for about 5 days if I recall and then headed toward Folly Beach, SC to beach party there for a few days with my old war buddy.
More.........Jonny Koon Luzsha

While motorin thru SC toward Charleston there's a place down a trail off the highway in the Francis Marion National forest that I like to stop & spend a lil time. Rest up a bit; have a bite to eat and enjoy the wilderness forest. While there an SC game warden happened along and he stopped and we jawed awhile. He told me about some nice boondockin spots in the Forest too. One I already knew about but I logged the others.

He was prior overseas in the Desert and he & I swapped some war stories. His about Desert Dust & Sand and mine about Jungle rot & monsoons; both involved flyin bullets. Haha some things will NEVER change. He gave me his card & we parted ways.

Cruised into Folly Beach and hung out abit at the Lily turnaround by a small marina west of the third bridge before Folly Island. My buddy showed up about 4 & he chekt into his hotel room about a block from the beach & pier. I found my old tried & true stealth Parkin/sleepin spot about 4 blocks from the beach front road and we hit the pier tiki bar, havin a drink & watchin the bikinis playin beach volleyball. We got caught up on each other's lives & later that evening was time to hit my favorite place at Folly Beach - Snapper Jack's third story outdoor bar and one of my favorite bartenders in AwL Murahka - her name is Maranda and she looks like a young Sophia Loren:
IMG_0783.JPG
Yes, this! And she makes the best gin & tonik evah!...........

That was Folly Beach for a few days and then down the back roads of Ga to Fla.
To be cont.
Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee

Attachments

• IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 2
Crossed the border from Ga into Fla at night and crasht at the I-95 Fl welcome center. Morning arrived and after the usual wake m up stuff I headed toward Jville & the nearest State Park where I bought me a Fl St Park annual pass card. This card is a super great deal for gettin into the Fl St Prks and if you buy it right you can make it last for 13 months. 70$ if recall.

From there I jumped back over to I-95 and made a bee line toward the Vero Beach/Fort Pierce Area where I stayed for a while hangin during the day at a couple of the St Parks in the area and at night Parkin & crashin in numerous spots near both cities.
IMG_0602.JPG
This pik is while at Avalon St. Park, I think which is between Vero B & Ft Pierce. It has a very small parking lot and never got crowded while I was there. Lotsa beach tho.

Vero B & Ft Pierce are about 15 miles apart and in terms of demographics, quite the dichotomy. Vero, (aka "Zero") is VERY upscale tho I found the beach bar prices to be reasonable; nuthin like La Jolla in San Diego  tho "the crowd" is similar. Ft Pierce is much more down to earth, low key & nice. 

I'm comfortable in both places, but remember "When in Rome do as the Romans do" is very apropos.
Jus sayin. 2 B cont.
Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 7
Some rainy weather was forecast for the Vero/Ft Pierce area so I decided it was time to take a trek down to The Keys for awhile. Got on 95 and made a bee line past Ldale & Miami - to Florida City where I spent the night in the local Cbarrel. The Fl Cty Cbarrel is a very well known overnight spot for rv's vans etc while travellin about S.Fl to & from The Keys and Sometimes at night it almost looks like an Rv park, haha.

So I rolled into Keys having never spent any vehicle livin there and I thought it might be abit of a challenge to find a decent place to park & sleep for the eve. Pulled into a st park on Key Largo , I think and spent most of the day there - Pennekamp or Pennington Park (Whaz ina name?) They throw you out of the state parks at sunset which in Nov is not very damn late but I used the time to recon some beach bar live music scenes and waterfront views.

I was at one place in particular people watchin, etc. People in the joint were just typical thin skinned hairless apes jumpin around to the music. Koolest thing in the entire place were a pair of stray beach cats that seemed to have the place figured out pretty well and had a good handle on the clientele.
Frum what I could tell these cats spend the night bouncing frum underneath one vacant chair to the next waiting for a piece of some cooked dead animal/fish to hit the ground. Was hilarious and they made way more sense than most of the peeps.

Anyway I got trasht up and crawled in the back of the truck to just sleep in the P lot for the eve around 10 ish I guess but damn around 2:30 I woke up to the most horrible awful sounding tunes I think I've ever heard and decided to leave. Traveled abit down the road & pulled into a resort lot that looked perfect and finished my pleasent dreams there. Awoke at 8:30ish and headed toward Islamorada.
2 b cont
Jonny Koon Luzsha baybee

This is to summarize my first saunter into the Keys livin frum the truck which occured November '19 and prior to Thanksgiving. I spent 9 beautiful days altogether on this first round. While there I spent day time at several of Florida's State Parks located in the Keys.

Those being John Pennekamp Park, Long Key Park, Curry Hammock Park and Bahia Honda Park. Also spent time at Windley Key FossilReef Geological Park which is an interesting place to view a cross sectional geological/historical idea of the growth of the coral reefs which form the geology of the Florida Keys Ecosystem. I also spent some time at county road side parks and city parks tho by far most of my daytime was spent in the St Parks mentioned.

While at those St Parks I enjoyed the warm beach paradise, kayakt some and spent a lot of time hiking beach walking and or wading looking for the myriad types of sea shells that Florida is known for. I only went as far West as Bahia Honda Park (35 miles East of KW) as Key West does absolutely nothing for me. Been there done that Key West thing. KW is one of those places every1 should go to and I've been there a couple times and thats enuff for me.

I spent 9 nights sleeping in 4 different locations. All were good, safe, reasonably quiet & serene, one especially so. No issues. Found several other places I would try as well and have put them on the sleep log park list for future reference.
Next post will include a bunch of pix with summary.
INTJohnny Luzsha

Latest posts