How do you shave your face= beardless

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
just wondering how you deal with this I use a battery trimmer and a rechargeable razor about once a week, the other days I look intense and artsy. Ha

Generally I use elecric clippers whenever the beard starts bugging me
If I wanted to be SHAVED, I would shave, with a Bic razor and shaving gel, hot or cold water, depending on my options
My dad had a straight razor, but I'd likely slit my throat if I tried that lol
There was a reason men back in the 18th century paid a barber to scrape the stubble off (I'm guessing ladies back then went au natural, as no one was gonna see their legs with those ankle lnegth dresses, anyway)

invertor + electric razor , i aim for once or twice a day , sometimes when i'm busy i end up going 3  or 4 days without shaving which really bothers me , at that point i have to use a  electric hair cutter with no attachments to get the hair low enough that i can finish with the electric razor.
The hair cutter is also powered from my invertor or generator if the generator is already running.

Rechargeable razor every day or 2. Small scissors to keep mustache and beard trimmed.

The Braun Mobileshave M60 runs on AA batteries, does a decent job, and goes quite a few weeks without needing battery replacement. Great when you really want to conserve water.

I have worn a beard and moustache since I left the Navy in 1986. I keep it trimmed short with scizzors, and trim my moustache too.

Once or twice a year I take the dog clippers to it. Run off an inverter if I am out and about. However, that just gets me back too stubble. I haven't been "clean shaven" in years.

I have not shaven clean since 2007. I always suffered ingrown hairs on my Neck no matter what product or shaving method/direction I tried.

Now I use clippers and am perpetually scruffy, as What the F do I need to look respectable for anyway? The goatee reduces the area I need to trim anyway.

This is my device of choice:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-NT51...906&sr=8-2&keywords=phillips+personal+trimmer

I Still carry around a gillette mach 3, and have 25 replacement blades for it, but screw that shaving rash bullshit.

The trimmer above is no time saver, but I get no shaving rash.

I always SHAVE every day with a cheap disposable razor with soap and water while in the shower.....'cept for the moustache........if I shave that off I don't recognize myself in the mirror doug

I use a vintage Gillette double edge razor to shave my head and the parts of my face that aren't bearded. Lather up and shave while showering.

A Mach 3 razor and gel daily, I can use Ivory which takes less water for rinsing but it drys my face out. I have a rechargeable trimmer and battery shaver for my ears/nose.

Another Mach 3 user here. I've got a goatee and mustache, so I'm not shaving the full face. Instead of shaving cream, I use hand lotion, but have no brand preference. I don't have enough beard growth to bother with daily shave, so every two days if I want to maintain a clean shaven look, every three to four days if I don't care.

If we are parked in an area that isn't popular or have much traffic then we just shave in the car. It can be awkward to shave legs in a coupe though, so I save those adventures for when we get showers at the truck stop. With my wife transitioning she still gets some facial hair. As simple as it is, a bottle of water, shaving soap and an old steel pale gets the job done for her in the car.

Motrukdriver said:
duct tape...   cheap, quick and simple but notice I didn't say painless.

You're a better man than me Gunga Din; ... unfortunately(?) I'm fairly certain my beard is made of sterner stuff and would consider duct tape to just be an irritant.

When water or "stealth" is an issue I use shave secret shaving oil. Wash face, leave wet, 3 drops in palm, rub palms together, rub on face. Use razor. The oil wouldn't be noticed by someone walking by like a face full of lather. Doesn't leave lather behind that needs to be rinsed off.