Homestead for All

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

365vacay

Reaction score
I have been thinking about purchasing a piece of land near Quartzsite. Included on the piece of land would be secure mail delivery location. Access to the land would be membership driven. So... say for something like $10-20/month, you would have access to the land, along with a secure mailbox. What do you think?

Sounds like a nightmare landlord situation to me, having trouble collecting/evicting, enforcing rules, keeping clean, staying out of court, insurance.

I know, I know, i'm being a downer, but nothing perfectly planned ever goes as intended, and you need to be ready for those eventualisms.

All true, CK. I wasn’t looking at it as a business but more as a beneficial service.

^
You'd have to deal with all that ckelly78 mentions whether it was a biz or not...

Thoroughly vet everyone and invite only friends that you know well to begin with. I think it would work. I have been favorably impressed with almost every RTR member that I've meet over the years as far as being courteous towards fellow campers and caring for the environment.

Your offer to do such a thing is grand, and surely you'll find more positive feedback.
Best of luck.

P. S.
Depending on a few items, I'd be in for winter.

365vacay said:
I have been thinking about purchasing a piece of land near Quartzsite. 
Vacay, there is an organization that does this sort of thing, although in their case, the charge to stay is apparently zero, but worth checking out how it works. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The idea, as I see it, is they are "full time" residents who allow camping on their lands. [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/[/font]

On other threads, people suggested that HOWA should buy land all over the US and let CRVL'ers camp there. The obvious downside to that is, unless you have someone on each and every piece of property full time, it would evolve into chaos with squatters, trash, and whatnot. The idea would be much more feasible if someone is in residence, owner or host. I should think there would little trouble finding hosts to fill in some of the time.

Also, a while back I found this website showing land for sale in the Q area.

https://www.landwatch.com/Arizona_land_for_sale/La_Paz_County

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about negative feedback around here. Almost every non-trivial post gets lots of that. Everybody has a different idea about how to run their lives.

Latest posts