Hi

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzie roamer

Reaction score
Morning All,<div><br></div><div>Just a quick note to introduce myself to you all.</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>I live in Western Australia, enjoy 4w driving and exploring this country,with my partner and friends.</div><div><br></div><div>At present we are looking for plans to build a slide on to fit our ute-ford courier (pick up flat tray. When I came across this great site.</div><div><br></div><div>Hope you all had a great New year,and are not snowed in,we have heat wave conditions of 38-45,today is cooler at 33,@ 07:00 was 30 already.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers for now,</div><div>Ozzie roamer</div>

Welcome! Have you looked into the pop-up slide in campers? They have the advantage of being much lighter, which I would think would be a big deal&nbsp; on a light vehicle like the Courier. Also, they stay cooler with fabric up top with lots of "windows".&nbsp; They also sit much lower which is much better for fuel economy and gives a lower center of gravity for 4-wheelin. Building your own would be complicated since you have to find a fiberglass top the right size, unless you can fabricate your own. <br><br>Keep us informed, I would love to have an article for the site if you do build your own. Bob <br>