Hi There

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleT

Reaction score
Hi There … Another newbie here...Thank you Bob and  to Cyndi who helped get me logged in. This site is so GREAT and i already thank you all for your input and participation.  I am about to buy a new travel trailer.  Nothing very cool or retro but one that I can live in 6 months of the winter and part of the summer while I rent my camp out on a lake. Its about economics and life style at this point  . Although, i am new to trailer life ( freaking nervous about backing it up or getting stck down a long dusty road), I am not new to traveling and living on the road. In 20014 i finished  riding my BMW 650 motorcycle for 2.5 years around the world. Now at almost 60 yrs old next month, I'm trading my mode a transportation to a camper to travel with my new  dog Rio and boondock most of the winter. Look forward to meeting many of you at the gathering in New Mexico..Thank You.. Eliza

Hey Eliza, I'm new here too! but it sounds like you're no stranger to adventure, I'm excited to hear about your boondocking adventures, what kind of Dog is rio?

Hi Eliza, I spent a long time touring around on motorcycles too, and am heading to a travel trailer as well... small world. Welcome to CRVL, great people and info here!

(BTW - my last bike before I hung up my helmet was an F650, great bikes)

Kirby said:
Hey Eliza, I'm new here too! but it sounds like you're no stranger to adventure, I'm excited to hear about your boondocking adventures, what kind of Dog is rio?

Thanks Kirby.. She is a Portuguese Water Dog..I work as an assistant to a harbormaster in Maine for the summer season so she gets to go to work with me  :)

Queen said:
Hi Eliza, I spent a long time touring around on motorcycles too, and am heading to a travel trailer as well... small world.  Welcome to CRVL, great people and info here!

(BTW - my last bike before I hung up my helmet was an F650, great bikes)

Small word..I had the F650 then bought the G650 for the big journey…. ( it was cheaper ) I love the bike though and if had the money and it was practical , I would have bought a side car for my dog and gone that route. . Good luck looking for your TT. I'm looking to get solar for mine..This site has great resources.

AppleT said:
Small word..I had the F650 then bought the G650 for the big journey…. ( it was cheaper ) I love the bike though and if had the money and it was practical , I would have bought a side car for my dog and gone that route. . Good luck looking for your TT. I'm looking to get solar for mine..This site has great resources.

Yeah, this site has so much depth of knowledge it's crazy!

Hear you about the hack, I really wanted to go that route to extend my riding (a hacked Bonneville makes me drool), but I was heading into serious money territory and had to decide which way to go.  So, sold off the bike, donated the gear, and put the money in the bank until we get the camper.

We want solar as well, boondocking meets our need for quiet and helps keep things cheaper for sure.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Eliza! Wow, traveling around the world for 2.5 years - what an adventure! I'm sure that you have many good stories. Hope to see you at the RTR where you can share some of your experiences with all of us at the the campfire gatherings. :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum.  You traveled on a bike?  I bet you'll get used to the new mode of travel quickly and be comfortable a lot faster than those of us who aren't used to this!
Parker

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL Harbormaster !
I also think you should have no trouble adopting this lifestyle , ya got th' road in ya !

I'm from Maine , what harbor was yours ?
Arrrrrrrrrr ye familiar wit da Flying Dutchman?

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL Harbormaster !
I also think you should have no trouble adopting this lifestyle , ya got th' road in ya !

I'm from Maine , what harbor was yours ?
Arrrrrrrrrr ye familiar wit da Flying Dutchman?

Thanks Popeye ! Rockport is the Harbor..Where you from ? The flying Dutchman sounds familiar to both the Harbormaster and I but we can't place the name ( or boat ?)

AppleT said:
Hi There … Another newbie here...Thank you Bob and  to Cyndi who helped get me logged in. This site is so GREAT and i already thank you all for your input and participation.  I am about to buy a new travel trailer.  Nothing very cool or retro but one that I can live in 6 months of the winter and part of the summer while I rent my camp out on a lake. Its about economics and life style at this point  . Although, i am new to trailer life ( freaking nervous about backing it up or getting stck down a long dusty road), I am not new to traveling and living on the road. In 20014 i finished  riding my BMW 650 motorcycle for 2.5 years around the world. Now at almost 60 yrs old next month, I'm trading my mode a transportation to a camper to travel with my new  dog Rio and boondock most of the winter. Look forward to meeting many of you at the gathering in New Mexico..Thank You.. Eliza

Welcome!

She be a bug trapper outa th' Harpswell Isls.........