Hi I am new too!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Tammy and I am starting my new life journeys very soon! I will be 53 years young on 9-29 and it's time to find out who she really is? Out on the road being free!! I will be living in my car with a tent to start out then see what the universe has in store for me. Yes I have done much planning and I think I have seen every video you have made Bob and thank you ? So I will be heading your way this winter. I really think it would be the smart thing to do have lots to learn and it's warm there as well. I look forward to meeting you all very soon in the near future ?☀️?

Ah, another car-tent person! Welcome to the crowd. Any chance you will be at WRTR or RTR in January 2019? I plan to go there in a Ford Taurus as my van-opportunity is taking a long time.

Welcome Tammy to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi! Yes I want to be there too and will be my first one lol first for everything! I will be in my baby blue Chevy cruse.

I was wondering when do the dates and all other info come out for the 2019 RTR?

travelaround said:
Ah, another car-tent person! Welcome to the crowd. Any chance you will be at WRTR or RTR in January 2019? I plan to go there in a Ford Taurus as my van-opportunity is taking a long time.
I forgot to add in the other thread, FYI both you and Tammy, it can be well below freezing down in AZ in January, so be sure to have good (preferably down) sleeping bags. On the positive side, if there is a more or less common area where the tent campers congregate, then someone will likely wake up early and start a fire. 

Duh, I assume camp fires are allowed at RTR, but not sure. Hmmm.

However, a lot of tent campers have been expressing interest in going to RTR.

QinReno said:
I forgot to add in the other thread, FYI both you and Tammy, it can be well below freezing down in AZ in January, so be sure to have good (preferably down) sleeping bags. 

Quartzsite could be that cold in January, if a freak winter storm came thru, but normally it's well above freezing, even at night. Days are usually pleasant...from around 50f to about 75f....

But you know, it's always best to be prepared just in case it does turn cold and windy.....

From city-data.com:

Q-data.JPG

Attachments

• Q-data.JPG
    Q-data.JPG
    69.3 KB
Wow, nice fire. I was at La Posa South in late February and the neighbors had nice fires every evening over there.

The other thing that is extremely necessary is to have a good insulating pad under the sleeping bag. People usually use air mattresses, but they don't provide any insulation whatever. You need a foam pad between the bag and air mattress that's designed to insulate.

For newcomers: 
- RTR is tentatively scheduled for Jan 9-20, 2019 and the Women's RTR for a week earlier nearby in Bouse AZ.
- there are also supposed to be some "mentoring caravans" starting soon for people to get familiar with the lifestyle, still being organized.
- watch the "Life on the Road: Gatherings" section for announcements.
- you can check the"Womens Only Forum" section for other women who are looking for travel companions to RTR from all over the country.

Thanks for all the information about WRTR, RTR, and staying warm! My actual plan is to sleep inside my car and use the tent only during the day. However, I'll probably bring a cot so if I do decide to sleep inside the tent, I'll be elevated a little. I've slept in this car during snow storms before, in New Mexico and Southern Idaho, and was not too cold, in my sleeping bag. Only problem is that the back seat is super hard and uncomfortable after a few days. I'll have to work something out about that. I'm going to try an air mattress.

Car should be warmer than on the ground. You might think about foam toppers for beds to go on the car seat.

Hi Tammy. Happy almost birthday. I'm also about to make the leap to freedom in November (at age 53 ;-^), and will be living out of my SUV, a silver Tuscon, called Luna. I'm looking forward to those campfires and the WRTR/RTR, and the journey ahead. Hope to see you there.

Hi I look forward to meeting you all and will have to keep in touch so we can meet up. I am so excited!!!

Latest posts