Hi from Minneapolis

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum... it's good to have you here.

I can't wait to go to MN next spring to do lots of fishing.

If I were to do it over again and buy from them, I'd have them check all the systems there, in front of me. Make sure everything works and walk me through it all. Make sure that the "free" extension cord was the right type that would be compatible with the outlet on the trailer. Make sure all the pieces and caps to the toilet were in the trailer. They had to send me this stuff later because what was included was not the right parts.

I should have done more homework before buying the icehouse. I thought I did, but it was not enough. The initial salesman I worked with was great. Really. But after the sale was kindof...lacking. And I realized that somethings I was told about the trailer by the "service department" were not accurate. They either didn't know what they were talking about or deliberately misstated the facts.

I'd for sure choose to buy an icehouse again. Definitely. But I'd probably ask different questions before the sale. Then there was the whole unnecessary hubub with the trailer hitch. Ugh.

Well, hindsight's definitely 20/20, right.

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

B and C said:
I see you've been reading here.  For those temps and the type of vehicle you are looking at, a parking heater would work with enough insulation.

This site has been amazingly helpful, but I actually learned about parking heaters a few years when I was looking for a way to squeeze full climate control into a much smaller vehicle.

Most businesses in my area drive their cargo vans into the ground, and there aren't many low-mile Astros or conversion vans either.

The only pampered older vehicles that I could find were used hearses and funeral home limousines.

Riverman said:
Welcome to the forum... it's good to have you here.

I can't wait to go to MN next spring to do lots of fishing.

We can't wait to have you come :) There are lots of good fishing holes here, and even the lakes that aren't good for fishing are still fun to go boating on.

I just flew through Atlanta a couple months ago and noticed all of the covered parking lots. Is it touch to keep an RV cool there, or does the white roof reflect enough of the sun away?

ssminnow said:
Karl, there's a pretty nice step van on Craigslist 138000 miles on it for 7350.00

Yes, that one caught my eye too. The only thing that makes me a little wary is that it's listed as being in excellent condition, but it's missing its driver's side wiper and seems to have been banged pretty hard a few times. The dings by themselves won't be much of a problem.