Hi everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsmn

Reaction score
I am woodsmn...I'm new to the forum...so I'll get down to brass tacks...I'm a senior citizen...male 73 yrs.old... getting re-started in being a nomad...years ago I started living in an RV in southern Idaho...I lost my job my wife and my kids in rapid succession...I bought a 1 ton flatbed international truck and a sportsman slide in camper and hit the road for the next 3 or 4 years...I mostly traveled between the seattle area and saltlake area ...while in the puget sound area I worked and lived in a number of situations during which time I owned several toyota chassis motor homes from 18 to 28 feet long...and a 32 foot airstream.. so I have experienced some different options and know what I want to end up with...not there yet...but that was a long time ago...recently I decided to give it another go...I bought a ford transit connect and am starting to build it out...I have curtains and a bed but so far that's about all..will need some help with solar and wiring...I don't have enough tools or work space yet ...workin on that...I'm living in Waco texas and planning to make the RTR this winter...guess that bout sums it up see ya on the road..or around a campfire

Welcome to the CRVL forums woodsmn! Sounds like you're off to a good start. See ya on the road!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, Woodsn. I have small needs for Solar and so after watching some YouTube videos Bob and friends posted, I went with a Renogy suitcase. I'm using a Paxcess, now, as it is a storm and I cannot power otherwise. Or sleep through it. So far, so good with the Paxcess. I still havent attempted to set up the Renogy suitcase but will, soon. I have a small trailer I will try to supply to run a fan and lights. It's an adventure.

Just camping out of a van is a good way to start, taking things one at a time while keeping the big picture in mind as well. Several of the battery run tool systems have 12v chargers available, I believe the Ryobi charger was less than $40.

I do intend to get some battery woodworking tools..at least a power hand saw and a jig saw and a power plane sawzall...mabe some others as well...probably run out of room to store..but I'm a builder of things..what can I say....?

welcome woodsmn

I know the feeling of doing your craft.. Im a newbie to this lifestyle, but  not quite ready to jump in until later this year... will be bringing my crafts with me... and hopefully make a couple bucks on the road...

JT