Hi All, Youthfulgeezer signing on..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youthfulgeezer

Reaction score
I'm 74, look younger, like.. 73.5, retired, living on my SS, gonna sell my house in next few months and be a full-timer. I'm living in the STRESS AND EMF FILLED DFW AREA AND I WANT TO LEAVE AFTER I GET STUFF DONE HERE. MY HOUSE WILL SELL QUICK TO A "Flipper" / INVESTOR. My 16yo Rotty, Betty, is all in on the plan! I'm not a Newbie to this, but always had a home base. Now I don't want that! I hope to find some good people to connect with.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hah, well at least get a good price for the house don't undersell it to a flipper. But I think if you primarily only have SS and can stash the house money into a CD that yields anything you'd be better off than paying property taxes and bills.

Best of luck.

Hi Youthfulgeezer, I am a newbie to all.  Just sold my sticks and bricks house and then bought a retirement home in a community in SW Fla.  Realize I am not the type to stay in one place so must make plans to keep going.  I am 67, would like to communicate with a kindred spirit.  What type of vehicle are you using?  I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

We're coming up on the time of year when new model cars & trucks begin to hit the market and businesses sell off  a lot of their Fleet Vehicles. (Cars, Vans, Pickup Trucks, etc) to buy new ones.  These not so old vehicles are usually written off the company's taxes and are generally sold in lots to dealer but if you're lucky...you may snare a deal on one.   There are auto-brokers you could hire to find you a deal on a solid Van.  They will usually ask how much you are ready to spend and how far you're willing to drive . to pick it up.  If the miles are low enough you may be able to buy extend warranty.   Just remember,  if you are living in it and it breaks down and has to be towed to the shop for repairs,  you'll have to find another place to live until it's fixed. 

Good luck !

I have had shops push me out at night and then back in during the day to work on it. They even threw me an extension cord. Now this wasn't for an engine or transmission swap. Then a cheap motel would come into play.