Hey, everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickster D

Reaction score
I am 72, single and forced to retire a few years ago by a stroke which messed up my left side.
I am living in a 16 ft '64 Shasta camper trailer parked in a friend's backyard in Mesa, Az.
I have added 4 solar panels totaling 985 watts with 5 deep cycle RV marine batteries on the floor.
I have a propane stove, furnace, and water heater.
I have a 32" TV. DVD player, laptop, microwave oven, and 5000 btu a/c.
I'm totally off grid although I can't run some things at the same time.
I have an American Bulldog named Fenway. She is friendly and a total sweetheart!
I am currently saving up for a full sized cargo van to pull my trailer and haul a generator and my electric tricycle and other misc items.
My plan is to be on the road by the beginning of November 2021.
I hope to meet a lot of you out on the road this fall!

Welcome Rickster to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

WE need a picture of that trailer.

Highdesertranger

Welcome to the forum. I hope to see you on the road someday.

highdesertranger wrote

WE need a picture of that trailer.

Attachments

• trailer by pool.jpg
    trailer by pool.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 16
  • trailer and fenway.jpg
    trailer and fenway.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 15
Boy, when I was young I had a 64 Winnebago. That camper was so fun to have. Pretty solid... your Shasta is beautiful! Why would you go anywhere... your right on a beach! Haha!
I better go to the eye doctor tomorrow. I thought the picture was a man... bald in the middle... thought odd till I zoomed to see it was a bulldog. You have a great looking dog too.
Safe travels when you leave your friends resort. Haha... what a cool spot. But the road is full of adventure! Enjoy your travels... you’ll meet a ton of great folks!

Hi There, I'm new too and I LOVE your Shasta! Those things are really popular these days. It's neat to see the younger generation buying them and renovating them into cute little traveling "Instagram" magnets, haha! But hey, if it gets them out there and experiencing the travel life, I say it's great.

I had a pickup truck and was considering all sorts of little 'vintage' trailers like the Shasta and "Canned Ham", Hah! But in the end I sold the truck for a newer, more reliable Ford E350 van chassis Class-C motorhome. I think pulling your Shasta with a cargo van is a great idea, best of luck in your savings and plans, it looks like you already got the "off-grid" pro award and won't have any problems boondocking!

That's so cool, it has wings, a dishwasher, and a cement pond. seriously that trailer is cool. Highdesertranger