Hey everyone!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the forum and looking to join the community. Currently searching for a used cargo van for purchase to live out of for at least the next year. Looking for any suggestions, recommendations or tips! Excited to join the van life!

Yes, that is how it all starts! :) I started looking in about November and bought my van in January. I have been working on it ever since. It became livable in about April and has been great for me this summer. Still a long ways to go before it is "done" but each step makes it more comfortable.

Welcome to the forum!

--jg

Welcome garrettrmartin to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

garrettrmartin said:
That's awesome, congrats! What type of van did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking?

Nobody here minds.  It's gettin'em to shut up is the problem...  ;-)

I went with a 2008 Chevy 2500 Extended Cargo.  Check out my blog link at the bottom if you want a whole bunch of detail.  Scroll back to about February when I started writing about the van I bought and you will see some pictures.   It was a pretty good deal I thought.  230k but really clean.  No rust.  Single owner by a company I had done business with and had a good experience.   I paid $6000.

--jg

Joseph_Grey said:
Nobody here minds.  It's gettin'em to shut up is the problem...  ;-)

I went with a 2008 Chevy 2500 Extended Cargo.  Check out my blog link at the bottom if you want a whole bunch of detail.  Scroll back to about February when I started writing about the van I bought and you will see some pictures.   It was a pretty good deal I thought.  230k but really clean.  No rust.  Single owner by a company I had done business with and had a good experience.   I paid $6000.

--jg

That's not bad at all. I've been thinking about going with Chevy myself, they seem like they are the most reliable. That or the Ford Ecoline minus the spark plug issue, which doesn't seem as big of a problem everyone makes it out to be.

Latest posts