Here I go

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Dan

Reaction score
I bought a house a couple years ago. I have disliked it for the most part. I had been thinking about selling it and moving back into an apartment. But then I saw Without Bound and I started watching a lot of van dweller videos on YouTube. The seed was planted. Then my house was burgled twice in two months and everything I own with a significant dollar value was stolen. I took the insurance settlement and bought a 2002 Honda Odyssey with 237000 miles on it. Here is a little video of that:

The first thing I'll do after getting those seats out is to put a cot in it. I ordered the Byer of Maine Military Cot:

https://www.byerofmaine.com/products/camp-furniture/maine-military-cot.html

When it gets here I will sleep in it and tell you how it goes.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Dan! That's rough about the house. So much for the American Dream, right? Glad you found us. I hope you had a good night's sleep in your van.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sorry to hear about the burglaries.   Are you planning to sell the house still or?

nobodyG17 said:
Sorry to hear about the burglaries.   Are you planning to sell the house still or?

Yes, I will sell the house once the van is ready and I have lived in it for a little while.

Welcome aboard Thunder Dan.
Your story sounds like you were being invited to try a different plan.
Glad you decided to try this one.
Hope it is the answer for you,,it sure was for me!
Anything you need help with just ask............

Thunder Dan said:
Yes, I will sell the house once the van is ready and I have lived in it for a little while.

Great plan.  Best of luck with everything and keep us updated.