Help getting on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a very nice trailer. So glad it's come together for you.

The powers that be (family) are already trying to stop me from fulfilling my dreams...they have started the process of trying to convince my funding party that it is not possible. I have been in the planning process for over 2 years now, and have been a welder/fabricator for 30 years and know how to visualize what I want and how to do it, just because I need help physically now to get the build done does not mean I don't know what I am doing...just because they can't see it, should not my problem, you would think that family would be more interested in my happiness instead of what they want, they want to be controlling the same as a nursing home would be. I still believe that it is possible that my inheritance is a backdoor unspoken truth that is their goal for acquiring. Money seems to change people when they think they know better....this money was set aside for me and why anyone else should have a say of what I do with it is beyond me unless, yes, "THEY" want my piece for themselves, sad, but I can't see any other reason for them to be so opposed!! Your thoughts????

This family narrowed mindedness boggles my mind...they are so locked-into all the "this is how it's done", and anything different turns their world upside down. The very reasons this and similar sites exist is beyond their thinking!!! :-( Do they understand how crushing this is???

They might have some genuine concerns for your well being.

Try to find an advocate that will go to bat for you.

Well, good news, my financial benefactor did not let herself be swayed by all the naysayers, and the cargo trailer is now in my possession , whew!!, sweating bullets!! Let the adventures begin!!!

WildBill60go said:
Let the adventures begin!!!

I'm very glad for you. Maybe you can find some folks to caravan with that can give you some help when you need it.

slow2day said:
I'm very glad for you. Maybe you can find some folks to caravan with that can give you some help when you need it.

That would be so awesome, would love to have the company and a little more peace of mind as I get started, anyway, baby steps. Picked up the trailer from a couple that couldn't have been nicer, hooked it up to the van and it was at perfect level for a good tow, no hitch adjustments were necessary, was also the right electric plug, went through all the lights, everything working, brakes were not surge but some kind of electric that does not need a controller in the van, works by getting a signal from just applying the regular van brakes....got it on the road and beside the obvious feeling of more weight, pulled smooth as glass, that being said, I will invest in one of those anti-sway bars to add to the hitch and before doing too much travel over steep grades, I will probably have a transmission cooler put on the van. Little here, little there, and I hope to have the freedom machine I dreamed of!!

Latest posts