Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrikyD

Reaction score
Not a rookie after a year and a half in my transit connect (ugh), but still can learn, and so I’m here for tips, tricks and hacks (and I have some to share). I’m also here for community 🥳. Traveling through the Inland Empire in California right now, on my way to Quartzite at some point to check that scene out. Peace

Welcome. Watch out on this forum. There’s some idiots among us. The worst one is a guy called “nature lover“.🤭.

But seriously, why did you say (UGG) After Ford transit. I envy you people in transits for your mileage. I only get 14 in this high top Dodge full size. This really puts a limit on my traveling. My annual commute to Florida cost me $500 one-way just for gasoline. But I’m still out here. Again welcome.

Thank you!
My beef is with Ford. The vehicle is not user friendly. It’s almost impossible to change your own battery. On my particular vehicle, which apparently was assembled in Spain, it’s impossible to turn off the daytime running lights because it is missing a feature that is in the manual for doing that. If you open any doors it drains the batteries because the interior lights (the ones that light up the dash features) stay on for 10 minutes). It does other funky things that I can’t correct myself and I have been all over the Ford Forums
and lots of folks are very frustrated with this vehicle. I’m scared of it. Never again 😂

Best get used to being afraid then as an owner of older vehicles you really will have to be willing to compromise. It isn’t just the poor fuel mileage (both my old trucks get 10 to 12 miles per gallon) but at $100 per hour rates at repair shops and with older common parts becoming expensive aftermarket productions for restoration of classics you will be paying a lot of money or doing all your own work which saves at least half the cost of repairs. Even things like restoring the window and door mechanisms and seals can be costly, cheaper than a new vehicle in most cases but still very costly. As an example the cheapest square body Chevy trucks are selling for more than $15,000 if properly restored and many originals several times that.

I have a 2016 Ford Transit Connect. I was involved in a rear ended accident in September. I had it in the shop while they looked for a back door for my van. The sensor kept running the lights because it thought the back door was empty and it drained my battery. I too don't like the battery set up, most of it is tucked under the dash/frame. I took it to the repair shop and they had to take out some componets to get to it and replace it. Cost me $50 in labor to just replace the battery. :cautious: Other than that, I have had good experiences with my van. I didn't care for the light in the back staying on when I opened the side doors so I installed a switch to keep it off until I wanted it on. I have pictures of my van on my profile.