Hello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elseanno

Reaction score
Hi folks!<br><br>Just checking in. I have been lurking because I'm facinated by Boondocking and low cost travel.<br><br>I'm delighted to help out if I can. I have some experience in commercial H.V.A.C. so ac, heat, electrical and plumbing are areas I have a little idea about... just not in stealth campers!<br><br>Elseanno<br><br>

welcome! glad you de-lurked. all knowledge is good, we are a very adaptable bunch!<div><br></div><div>actually, even no knowledge is good. take me, for instance. i know virtually nothing about cars, electricity, engines.....nothing about virtually everything! really! but they keep me around cause i can laugh. loudly. sometimes at the very worst times. so everybody has a purpose......</div><div><br></div><div>glad you are here!</div>

<P><FONT size=3>Hi Elseanno!&nbsp; Welcome to our wonderful forum!</FONT></P>

Welcome! Sounds like your knowledge may come in handy here. <br><br>

<FONT size=3>Hey, Elseanno!</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>Welcome to the forum!</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>As you know, lurker ...</FONT><BR><FONT size=3>There is a lot of useful information and helpful people here that want to help you.</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>Do you have a goal you'd like to share?</FONT><BR><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=3>Bob (aka stude53)</FONT><BR>

stude53 said:
<font size="3">Hey, Elseanno!</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Welcome to the forum!</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">As you know, lurker ...</font><br><font size="3">There is a lot of useful information and helpful people here that want to help you.</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Do you have a goal you'd like to share?</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Bob (aka stude53)</font><br>
<br><br>Hey Bob,<br><br>I'd like to put together a portable kitchen that&nbsp; fits on a hitch carrier in the near future, say less than a year. The idea being that you can picnic, camp or travel with all the kitchen stuff ready to go at a moment's notice. (I hate packing gear, I keep the saddlebags on my motorcycle packed except for clothes) Think of it like a Teardrop kitchen without the teardrop.<br><br>Longer term, I have some other ideas that maybe I'll share as they coalesce.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Elseanno<br>

Elseanno said:
stude53 said:
<font size="3">Hey, Elseanno!</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Welcome to the forum!</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">As you know, lurker ...</font><br><font size="3">There is a lot of useful information and helpful people here that want to help you.</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Do you have a goal you'd like to share?</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Bob (aka stude53)</font><br>
<br><br>Hey Bob,<br><br>I'd like to put together a portable kitchen that&nbsp; fits on a hitch carrier in the near future, say less than a year. The idea being that you can picnic, camp or travel with all the kitchen stuff ready to go at a moment's notice. (I hate packing gear, I keep the saddlebags on my motorcycle packed except for clothes) Think of it like a Teardrop kitchen without the teardrop.<br><br>Longer term, I have some other ideas that maybe I'll share as they coalesce.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Elseanno<br>
<div><br></div><div>Why would it take a year to accomplish what is for sale today?</div>

<FONT size=3>Hey, Elseanno</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>Vonu has a good point. There are good DIY plans for hitch-mounted kitchens, as well as ones already manufactured and ready for sale. Google is your friend. Try "hitch-mounted camp kitchens" as a search key.</FONT><br><FONT size=3></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=3>Bob</FONT><br>

Hai Elseanno! I can't wait to see pictures!

Good questions, guys.<br><br>I just re-googled hitch mounted kitchens. The last time I saw Car Top Campers design it was still a prototype. They (or someone with a similar name) did have an enormous wooden one with lot's of great ideas that seemed to not quite gel. I think it was also on&nbsp; hitch-kitchen.com or something similar.<br><br>$995 is still a little steep for me. I think I can build something that suits me for about half.<br><br>Thanks for your interest,<br><br>Elseanno<br><br>

<P>Welcome! I look forward to reading the advise you are able to share as well as pictures of your setup as it progresses!</P>

stude53 said:
<font size="3">Hey, Elseanno</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Vonu has a good point. There are good DIY plans for hitch-mounted kitchens, as well as ones already manufactured and ready for sale. Google is your friend. Try "hitch-mounted camp kitchens" as a search key.</font><br><font size="3"></font>&nbsp;<br><font size="3">Bob</font><br>
<div><br></div><div>Startpage.com is a better friend than Google could ever be, since they don't record your personal data or IP address, and offer a proxy for almost everything, for maximal privacy.</div>

Latest posts