Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittty55

Reaction score
Sierra (aka Kitty) here.  I've been lurking in the shadows  watching youtube videos about a year or so now. I have signed up in meetup/caravans but just now getting around to registering to the forum.  I moved to Arizona about 2 yrs ago from Washington State.  I drive a Chevy Equinox and have done a couple camping overnights just to test Sparky out.  My hope is to camp my way back to Washington to visit friends and family for the summer and then back again in the fall.  I'm flying to Alaska next week to visit some friends, but after that I hope to be meeting up with a caravan somewhere/someplace.  Just putting the finishing touches on Sparky to be able to boondock longer  :shy: Cheers!

I'm just joining myself, but welcome to the forums. I'd be interested in hearing how the Alaska trip goes, especially as it pertains to seasonal work if you happen to glean any information while up there.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sierra! There are a lot of good places to camp and boondock between Arizona and Washington state. If you need any suggestions just let us know your general route and the months you'll be traveling as it may to necessary to avoid the higher elevations in early summer.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

23Tango said:
I'm just joining myself, but welcome to the forums. I'd be interested in hearing how the Alaska trip goes, especially as it pertains to seasonal work if you happen to glean any information while up there.

Thanks.  I'm jazzed to see my friends, not looking forward to the flight much...I imagine there are lots of seasonal jobs to be had up there. I'll ask around  :)

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums Sierra!  There are a lot of good places to camp and boondock between Arizona and Washington state. If you need any suggestions just let us know your general route and the months you'll be traveling as it may to necessary to avoid the higher elevations in early summer.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.
Thanks for the welcome!  I really have no set route to get up to Washington...I usually  zip up through Utah.  Want to take my time with this trip. I have thought about doing the coast highway from San Diego, but I'm open to all possibilities.  I bought a car top cargo carrier that has the opening at the rear...not working for me.  So, now I'm waiting on a new one that will open from the side.  I try to practice doing things on my own because that is the way I normally travel.  I also bought a canopy that attaches to the back of my car...I can put it together, but have my doubts about what will happen in a strong (or maybe even mild) wind.  Let the adventure begin!  Cheers!