Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillowsWind

Reaction score
my name is Addie, Im a mother of 3 that road trips with my kids and critters in my modified truck camper (hubby is usually working)..   the truck camper was a 1970's model on a 1950 utility trailer, the camper had rotten bed-board that i ripped out and turn in to a bunk room, so it now can sleep 6 (will get some photos uploaded sometime).  Im interested in this lifestyle for after my teens move out- or now its just 2-3 wk camping trips.

Welcome Addie to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Good for you. As a young mother with one child we took many a kid on camping trips whose parent's didn't camp. Several of them own trailers or tents now in their adult life. I had given up on my niece but just learned she is just waiting for her youngest to get a little older and she's ready.

Welcome, Addie! We definitely wanna see pictures!! I am forever indebted to my mom and stepdad for taking me on the dreaded roadtrips as a child!! I hated every minute then, but I so love the memories of that time now! LOL

WillowsWind said:
my name is Addie, Im a mother of 3 that road trips with my kids and critters in my modified truck camper (hubby is usually working)..   the truck camper was a 1970's model on a 1950 utility trailer, the camper had rotten bed-board that i ripped out and turn in to a bunk room, so it now can sleep 6 (will get some photos uploaded sometime).  Im interested in this lifestyle for after my teens move out- or now its just 2-3 wk camping trips.

Hi Addie, three kids and pets, WOW, you are a brave woman.  I spent a few nights in my mini-van, at a campsite and a Walmart's. It was ok, but since I'm near retirement age, I need to use the restroom frequently so I'm looking to build or buy something that has a porta-potty or flush toilet in it.  Would love to see some pics when you get them. Happy Trails

Latest posts