Hello to all! I'm new.....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagabond44

Reaction score
I am a retired female that has become very interested in this lifestyle.  I was referred to this site by the "Enigmatic Nomadics" group......and have been inspired by their videos, and by the numerous people that have posted their tips, and various modes of travel online.  I am hopeful......

After many, many years in the big cities on the east coast, I had given up the vehicle and am now gaining some knowledge on what to purchase for travel.  

I am also interested if there are any people that may need/want a traveler to share expenses......or has anyone done this with anyone else?  To see how they liked the lifestyle and to gain first hand experience while sharing some travel?

Thank you in advance, and I will now go through the forum as I'm sure others are asking some of the questions I have.....

Warm regards to you all.

Vagabond44

Welcome Vagabond44 to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome, Vagabond!!  Loads of good info here, so hop right in and join the conversation.

You're solo, and as much as I adore my wife, I envy that in some ways.  Get a van, set it up, and GO!!  With two, everything is a discussion and a compromise; we'd like a van but it's awfully small for two, so then what?  Yeah, I'd have to say I envy your freedom.   :D

Welcome, Vagabond!

In some larger cities, there are companies that rent out camper vans for a few days or a week. I have also "heard tell" of some who rent a regular U-Haul cargo van (as this may be much cheaper). Then they put in the simplest needs like an air mattress, cooler, jugs of water, etc., and just drive out to a nearby boondock site or primitive campground and give it a try.

Several folks on the forum do camp together at times or decide on a location and then a few travel together. My guess is that trying to share even a larger vehicle like a Class C with someone you don't know well may be inviting some friction??? Maybe that is just my loner nature talkin' though.

Hope you find a way to test it out if taking the full plunge is not in the cards.

Welcome aboard Vagabond!
I've partnered up with other workampers to get a couples only job a few times over the years , never had any problems and made some great lifetime friends.
Some of the people I have met out on the road are better friends then ones I grew up with.

Welcome! :)

I've finally gotten rid of my last roommate---daughter has flown the nest---so I'm looking forward to some ME time. It does make sense, especially for people with larger rigs, to share expenses if money is tight. I haven't read anything from anyone who does though.

Hmm. Wonder if there's a site for workampers looking for partners...

Your adventure journey begins !
Very exciting isn't it ?
I've done that for the last 14 years.
There is a place for listing "looking for partners" in the Workamper News .
I'd think if you started a thread here you could find someone in the tribe that might be interested.

Latest posts