Hello It's Me

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyHound

Reaction score
Hey Y'all
My name is Korey I've been living full time in my 1988 27' Fleetwood Jamboree Named Liberty Hound for a year now. the first year was a very big learning curve and an expensive one.  I bought this RV out of a need to have a roof over my head. little did I know the roof had many problems that were discovered the first rainfall.  Well I fixed the roof and just lived in it for the first year. now that the weather has been nice I have been able to remodel.  I'm on my 3rd/4th  month of remodel and   have replaced the floors, rebuilt the beds, tore out the dinette, repainted the whole inside.  while remodeling some cupboards to fit my uses. I threw out the dreadful microwave and installed a convection oven.

Future plans:
remove gas oven and remodel counter top with a nice three burner set.
Curtains
Put up a sliding wall to separate the cab from coach to include shutters for the upper bed.
Remanufacture a wooden screen door for character.
Repaint the out side.
possible solar
repaint ceiling. 
The biggy, totally gut the over the cab to replace water damaged wood.

I feel like I should have known more about what I was looking at and for but because I didn't I got stuck with a piece of work. Some may say why put that much work into a pit?  For me if I'm going to learn a lesson might as well dive in and learn how to do it all. if nothing else it will have given me a home and education. I'll probably use it till it dies or look at upgrading in about two years. I love what it has become and working on it has endeared me to it more.  I'm trying to  grow my you tube channel and share my RV journey for others to be more aware of what to look for and what can be done. my channel is simple Korey Ratering . If you have time check me out. I have a friend who is teaching me how to be more tech savvy and make video more quality. thank you all.
Blessings, Korey

Hi Korey and welcome! I bet you got some great experience under your belt with that first year. Can't wait to read\hear about it someday. Keep on keepin' on!

Welcome to the CRVL forums Korey! Wow, you've been busy! When you get the chance please post some before and after pictures for those of us who don't have enough data to watch your videos. Thanks!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Sounds like ya got yourself a fixer upper and have risen to the occasion.   I bet life has never been so good for ya.   If you are now planning to hit the road I'd invite you to check out the bottom link in my signature line.  It's
a portal of usable stuff for those going out on the road.   Like a Swiss Army Knife of handy information. 

I'm guessing you've given the mechanical stuff a good going over too ?

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Sounds like ya got yourself a fixer upper and have risen to the occasion.   I bet life has never been so good for ya.   If you are now planning to hit the road I'd invite you to check out the bottom link in my signature line.  It's
a portal of usable stuff for those going out on the road.   Like a Swiss Army Knife of handy information. 

I'm guessing you've given the mechanical stuff a good going over too ?

Yes I forgot to mention that I need to do a good tune up and recover the cab chairs before going on the road. I have a very close friend who is a overall jack of everything and has taught me so much. Hopefully I can retire in June and make a trip to see my Dad with my friend and Daughter. It should be a trip for sure.

I have to admit living in a construction zone can be unnerving for me, but now that it's cleaned up until the first of the year. I have a very comfy home I'm lovin it!